Author Topic: New keeper  (Read 10126 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
New keeper
« on: November 08, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
Lewis King

@lewisajking

Pilgrims007

Re: New keeper
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
only played for eastwood town this season didnt win a game whilst he at the club and let in 20 odd goals in 6-7 games this signing doesnt fill me with great confidence, I am a Timms fan yes but this is a massive call from DG.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Well done to DG! So many managers at United have been let down by "big" in recent years.But the former managers didnt have the bottle to drop them!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
Just looked at twitter and looks like he knows a couple of our players already (pidg and galiniski).Also his record for Stockport wasnt bad.Give him a chance

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
only played for eastwood town this season didnt win a game whilst he at the club and let in 20 odd goals in 6-7 games this signing doesnt fill me with great confidence, I am a Timms fan yes but this is a massive call from DG.

Timms let in a load of goals at Hinckley last season. So on your own premise Timms must be crap

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
Totally agree Big M!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
At least it adds competition for us its what we need. Ash is a great keeper but has issues without doubt

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »
I am fed up with some on here using the word " great " when referring to Timms. Great let down maybe.

BUFCBUCK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
People generally find their level . Timms has been in the game long enough, he may have ability but he also has a questionable history.
No one is bigger than the club, and I get the impression after an impressive start Timms has already 'talked' himself up and out the club, enough to rub people up the wrong way.
He may work his way up the pyramid and best of luck, but maybe we need someone that will put the team first.

Would be interesting to know what's going on behind the scenes though.

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 05:16:45 PM »
Just looked at twitter and looks like he knows a couple of our players already (pidg and galiniski).Also his record for Stockport wasnt bad.Give him a chance

Agreed. Although speaking to a Stockport County fan today he was never that impressed. King was on the bench for County against us for the opening game of the season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »
The situation at Eastwood is dire.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
Jan Budtz signed for Worksop today .

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »
I'm not very confident with this signing although I will hold judgement until I have seen him play a bit, but going from Sunderland all the way down and never really going back up doesn't fill me with much confidence on him, interested to see what happens with timms now and see if it just adds competition or will timms go

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Or will Sam Vince now be able to go out on loan?