Author Topic: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....  (Read 18564 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC V COLWYN BAY....
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »
I'm no prude but those three were bang out of order and looking for trouble from the off, I know Sinclair is a bit of a loose cannon but no one should have to take the abuse they were hurling in his direction.

Dave Newton's stated he wants a family atmosphere at York St and wants to create a community club, they were a throw back to the bad old days of the Evans clan knukle draggers who were made very welcome by the old regime.

What do you want on a Saturday?

A pleasant atmosphere where its safe to take the kids, or any old idiot turning up and swearing and behaving like a cretin?

Andy,

I think I know the guys in question - after the match I went for a pint in the bar and three lads with southern accents sat next to me. They seemed to be pals with Greene, who came over and spoke to them a bit. Were they in suits? Apart from being faaahkin' saaaaafeners, they weren't particularly obnoxious to be honest - I was trying to figure out why they were there in the first place!
MAFIA comes to mind are you sure it was SINCLARE they were having a go at, or was it DG.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:28 PM »
First imo it was definitely a penalty and it came at the end of the half where yet again as so often happens we just sat back and let them come onto us, which they did with great affect especially with those long diagonals to their number eleven, and yet again we trape in at HT behind, then as always seem to be the case, we push men forward, and in doing so, find space, press them in their half, take the game to them.

My question is why wont the boss employ those tactics from the word go? Why wait and as stats prove to go behind as we do so often before he then pushes players on. So frustrating, especially as some of the teams we have played have been there for the taking

Obviously you cant say for sure, but I do think (thankfully) we got away with a poor performance yesterday and had CB been a bit more disciplined I fear we wouldn;t now be celebrating three points. Now lets see if we can win back to back games Tuesday for I think the first time all season and lets do so by taking the shackles off from the kick of.€

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »
It was definitely Sinclair. I thought they were drunk at first, but no, it seems just antagonistic.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Hallelujah!!!!!

Thank you Scott!!!!

So it wasn't just me.........

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
To those that are going on about keepers heights,  James McKeown who many on here have said in the past was one of our best keepers is in fact 6ft 1in.  Timms come's in at 6ft 3 and new boy King the tallest at 6ft 4.  So i cannot understand some peoples logic into what they are saying.  And as the the "penalty", please folks look at the match highlights before stating it was a clear cut penalty as it wasn't. Keeper touched the ball away first before the attacker went down over his arm.
I thought the new lad done extremely well and long may it continue.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
West Ham supporters N40?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »
Hallelujah!!!!!

Thank you Scott!!!!

So it wasn't just me.........

Its not the first time they have attended a match - I think it was last season and they sat in a similar position and were just as mouthy although perhaps not as obnoxious - don't think it was CB!  They weren't "proper" Boston Utd fans because their program was in bits on the floor - so doubt they had paid for it.  They also disappeared at halftime and I didnt see them at the Main stand snack bar.

Seenbetter

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
Men in suits. Men in black ? Is DG what he seems.  :-\

Pilgrims007

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 08:20:21 AM »
If king is 6ft 4inch I will donate £100 to a charity. He is under 6ft !

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »
Gross injustice if Boston had not got three  points , clearly from the video it should not have been a penalty , apart from that our goalie never had a shoot to  save.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »
Gross injustice if Boston had not got three  points , clearly from the video it should not have been a penalty , apart from that our goalie never had a shoot to  save.
plus we hit the woodwork twice :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2013, 01:36:44 PM »
Agree with "Pal"  :) Cant believe how many fans worship Timms! Hes not the best we've seen down York Street.Bazza and Haystead(1st time) made less mistakes!
By the way why do all footballers call each other Pal?

Can,t help you on that one Pal ,

In years gone by players always addressed their team mates as SON on the field ,  seemed odd when a 18 year old player shouted "past it here SON" to a 38 year old team mate .

At what age does a footballer become a MAN ?
Many a time we have heard managers discribe a 35+ year old player as "the boy"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

The chosen charity will be  " the pot behind the bar, with my name on it".  Should keep me in Strongbow throughout the rest of the season  8)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

His name is King, so maybe he was wearing a crown when they measured his height?