Author Topic: TIMMS  (Read 6593 times)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: TIMMS
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »
Timms also cost us the win against Harrogate because he made no attempt to stop the 2nd goal being scored.
So his poor play has cost us a potential FA Cup run,  2 points against Harrogate and at least 1 if not 3 points today.

We could have been in top position instead of 6th.

Despite his potential as a goalkeeper which has become suspect lately he has become a liability.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
Sadly whilst I think he's generally done well on the pitch, today must be the worst 45 minutes I've seen a Boston keeper have... you can't legislate for 2 gaffes like that.

A shame as they only made 1 free kick all game (which they scored!)- we only really got going as an attacking force 2nd half but towards the end it was everywhere in that penalty box apart from the little bit that mattered. Got it back to 3-2 with still 25 to play and would've backed us to nick something but not to be, though it was funny to see Turley get himself sent off for mouthing off!
I'm not sure they have a 2nd keeper either- a striker had to go in goal and it was like watching me in my BGS days- how he didn't let any in was a mystery!

But we have 3 winnable games to come either side of a trophy game, lets get a minimum of 7 points from them and we're in there again, though Hednesford winning at Alty today has put them in a tidy position now.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:04:36 PM »
Too much controversy around him,not respectful to managment and erratic performances costing us goals...there must be better out there.Sooner hes gone the better....LIABILITY!!! >:(

Some people have short memories!

The team haven't turned up yet, second in every challenge, not interested in making runs, and again lumping the ball long instead of playing it on the floor - which especially today hasn't worked, not only because our forwards are vertically challenged, but the wind.

Timms has miskicked one ball, which happens to everyone. The wind and a soft free kick have played a big part in the other goals.

Oh, and it's a game of two halves...

They were poor, I agree, and apart from the sublime pass for the second where Newsh again made a really hard take and finish look so amazingly simple, we did spend almost the duration lumping the ball, but perhaps someone can explain the point of the forwards making runs when, certainly in the first half those lumps very rarely even made it across the half way line. But you can't excuse the first, wind or no wind. This wasn't a freak like those at the weekend, this was down to a total misjudgment and awful starting position, and Timms as a very experienced keeper will know that, no-one will need to tell him. You're roght though it does happen and it's why I refuse to join the general lambasting however understandable