Author Topic: liam marrs  (Read 8713 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: liam marrs
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
I doubt he has a scouting network as such. Should think he'll go to many midweek games. And more importantly know the right people so he finds out who's available

And thats a big reason why we're a million miles away from the garbage of the last couple of seasons;

We've a manager who's prepared to put the miles in and watch games and get players in from all over, not sit in the Executive Lounge at The City Ground being told what a legend he is by someone who's probably only ever seen him on You Tube.

Time will tell and I'm not getting carried away, but this is light years away from the undiluted awfulness of the last two years and getting somewhere close to what BUFC should be all about, a leading club in Non League Football challenging for honours and not accepting mediocrity.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
Well said Andy.

Check the grassy knoll and the Spitfire real ale in the club house  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
Whatever happens we'll end up.with many more points than last season

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
More entertaining football!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »
LIAM MARRS  at half time must have thought he were playing on a different planet,  then he woke up from the night mare,                and ask what am I doing here and  will someone tell me what leage is this.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 11:40:44 AM »
was excellent

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
LIAM MARRS  at half time must have thought he were playing on a different planet,  then he woke up from the night mare,                and ask what am I doing here and  will someone tell me what leage is this.

After reading the national sport headlines the last few days  maybe he asked Timms  "did you learn the trade at Man City "?

Pilgrims007

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »
Liam showed his class and is the answer to our problems altho I would like to see bore back at some point

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »

After reading the national sport headlines the last few days  maybe he asked Timms  "did you learn the trade at Man City "?
if you read it right I am saying what the hell is he doing with us at this level and he's got 2 think the same I am all for young players dropping leages for experience but this one is beyond me (excellent for us but all he will learn is to blast the ball up field)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »

if you read it right I am saying what the hell is he doing with us at this level and he's got 2 think the same I am all for young players dropping leages for experience but this one is beyond me (excellent for us but all he will learn is to blast the ball up field)

I understand what your saying , what I was really saying is I doubt Marrs has seem a 45min goalkeeping performance like yesterdays first half .

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 08:30:53 PM »
After watching the lad you cant but help question why he wasn't loaned out to a football league team, he was real quality from his first touch to his last. That said, if you are a Boston fan, who gives a toss!
Well done, regardless of how he did it, to DG in for the masterstroke. Not sure how long he'll stay but while he is, brilliant and I doubt anyone could name two better full backs than we have, and hopefully with the way they both bomb forward, in fact both could easily be wingers couldn't they, it may prompt the le boss to loosen up the defensive chains a bit

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 08:41:05 PM »
Maybe they wanted him to be more physical this league will give him that