Author Topic: Hopefully a tired Brackley  (Read 7465 times)

cappo

• View Profile
Re: Hopefully a tired Brackley
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
Interestingly, despite us having a good season so far, we are yet to record back to back victories in the League this season.  Lets hope we can overcome that this weekend.

That is a bit of a question I have... can we put 3,4 or 5 wins in a row together to go from hanging around the edge of the playoffs to well inside and even threatening top spot. There's 7 or 8 good teams in the league but no outstanding one as yet... hopefully we'll press our claim for that in the coming games. The run up to Xmas doesn't look too bad in general
as the great man said "draw away, win at home, win the league"
"till saturday comes"

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
Interestingly, despite us having a good season so far, we are yet to record back to back victories in the League this season.  Lets hope we can overcome that this weekend.

That is a bit of a question I have... can we put 3,4 or 5 wins in a row together to go from hanging around the edge of the playoffs to well inside and even threatening top spot. There's 7 or 8 good teams in the league but no outstanding one as yet... hopefully we'll press our claim for that in the coming games. The run up to Xmas doesn't look too bad in general

I agree, the real sign of if we can be contenders this year will be if we can put a run together.  The fact that we have been fairly inconsistent so far this, yet still find ourselves in the mix is encouraging. 

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »

as the great man said "draw away, win at home, win the league"

An average of 2 points per game is usually good enough for the play-offs, but to win the league outright requires just a few more points.
United we stand..................