Author Topic: Bore pens deal with Spalding  (Read 7459 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Bore pens deal with Spalding
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bore pens deal with Spalding
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
Does anyone know how dual-registration deals work if both clubs want him on the same afternoon? Would it then become the player's choice who he plays for? Or does one of the two clubs (either us or Spalding) have to hold his primary registration?

Presumably this type of deal could work for us as well as against us. Could we potentially look to sign any of Spalding's players on dual registration? There are one or two there who are above UCL-level in terms of ability, and probably could do a job in Skrill North if we found ourselves struggling with injuries and suspensions. But then a lot of their players are probably on contracts?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
I believe the higher-division club has 'first dibs'. There is probably a limit of players per club that can be signed on dual-registration, to prevent 2 clubs from sharing their squads to benefit both - unless they are known to be a reserve team?

Can anybody find anything official?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »
Peter Bore. Dual Registration? What a joke. The guy is better off signing for Spalding full-time. Dual Registration will only mess up his own football. He needs to be clear which club he is playing for and not be in an "and/or situation".  It is not as if DG is likely to select him again. He has other plans to fill that position. FA need to clamp down on these "transfers" - these a not loan transfers. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »
Peter Bore. Dual Registration? What a joke. The guy is better off signing for Spalding full-time. Dual Registration will only mess up his own football. He needs to be clear which club he is playing for and not be in an "and/or situation".  It is not as if DG is likely to select him again. He has other plans to fill that position. FA need to clamp down on these "transfers" - these a not loan transfers. :bunny

Don,t see the joke ,  the deal must suit all three so why not ? 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
It helps us, as it saves us his appearance fee and win bonus.
It helps him, as it gives him playing time.
It helps Spalding, as it gives them a quality player.

Maybe he doesn't want to sign for Spalding full time? He probably sees this as a temporary thing, and keeps him in the shop window (for us and others). DG says he'll bring him back when he can.

This isn't something new, it's used by clubs all over the country.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
My guess this is all waiting for Mills to move to King's Lynn permenantly clearing his wages off the books for good

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »
Not sure Spalding need him... they've beaten Boston Town 12-0 tonight without him.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:50:13 PM »
Would agree with that truffleshuffle need mills wages off budget then we will be a lot better off. Wonder why bore was not involved for spalding tonight??

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 08:30:51 AM »
Always confuses me this. A non contract player cant by definition go anywhere on loan. He has signed for Spalding full stop, and only because we are in different leagues DG has kept his registration, but there are no rules even if DG wants him back to say he has to, it would be up to the player. But as someone said earlier, why on earth do they need him or in fact any other player they have the best defence in NL football and his signing just adds to what must already be a huge wage bill

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 09:25:19 AM »
Not sure Spalding need him... they've beaten Boston Town 12-0 tonight without him.
theres a rare lenthy report on that match on towns web they did well to muster a team together it sounds.
someone his playing silly people at spalding they keep taking players on do anyone ever leave.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
According to the Free Press (a local Spalding paper) there were only 156 supporters at their game on Saturday!!!   So someone is chucking silly money at them ???  It'll all come crashing down sooner or later.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »
HOLBEACH won that leage under CHAND last season and with very little money,then I believe they found out they could not afford to go up    so spalding will want someone with deep pockets again next season me thinks,  if they make it that is   there will be some egg on faces if they don't  :) ;) thats for sure.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 03:44:12 PM »
HOLBEACH won that leage under CHAND last season and with very little money,then I believe they found out they could not afford to go up    so spalding will want someone with deep pockets again next season me thinks,  if they make it that is   there will be some egg on faces if they don't  :) ;) thats for sure.
According to the Free Press (a local Spalding paper) there were only 156 supporters at their game on Saturday!!!   So someone is chucking silly money at them ???  It'll all come crashing down sooner or later.

Holbeach couldn't go up due to ground grading so i believe.  And 156 is up on recent months by 40, if they continue to win as they are doing that will further rise. I am not a fan of teams trying to buy promotion, but it happens at all levels of football and if someone wanted to put millions into the Pilgrims, would we moan about it ? Good luck to Spalding i say, be nice to see them bigger than Gainsborough, not that that would take much doing, lol.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 04:41:18 PM »

Holbeach couldn't go up due to ground grading so i believe.  And 156 is up on recent months by 40, if they continue to win as they are doing that will further rise. I am not a fan of teams trying to buy promotion, but it happens at all levels of football and if someone wanted to put millions into the Pilgrims, would we moan about it ? Good luck to Spalding i say, be nice to see them bigger than Gainsborough, not that that would take much doing, lol.

I guess my concern would be that having a club being bank rolled, that is so close to us geographically might be detrimental to our own attendances.  I know there are quite a lot of  what I'd call foating fans.  I know during our league days there were a fair few people from Spalding who would come and watch us.  If they have a succesful club (possibly more succesful if they carry on bank rolling the club for an extended period) then these "floating fans" may desert us.