Author Topic: COMEDY CLUB THIS SATURDAY NIGHT  (Read 5141 times)

cookie

• View Profile
COMEDY CLUB THIS SATURDAY NIGHT
« on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »
The opening night of Boston United’s comedy club, featuring three comedians and a compere, will take place on Saturday evening.

It is guaranteed to be a great night out for everyone.

Tickets are still available for the event in The Pilgrim Lounge, priced £8 each, which includes a complimentary hot dog for each guest.

Tickets can be purchased from the United ticket office, The Pilgrim Lounge, Chris Cook Print in Main Ridge East or by calling (01205) 364406 or (01205) 355355

Your support for these events are very much appreciated.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: COMEDY CLUB THIS SATURDAY NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
Cookie there could be another eleven comedians on show tomorrow night if we lose >:(

Shodfried

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:57:50 PM »
How did it go?

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks to all those who made the effort to support the event, around 70 people turned up. The Comedians were all of different standards and it probably showed, but the compere was good and I think most people enjoyed the night. Definitely worth trying again, a bit more support would be appreciated but as I said before, a big thank you to all those that supported the event on Saturday Night.

Elvis tribute act this coming Saturday .....and FREE entrance for all!

Please support The Pilgrim Lounge.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »
It was a good night. Beer, jokes and hotdogs - my kinda night!

The only negatives were
1) not enough folk there. 
2) set up of the Pilgrims Lounge
     a) it was too bright.  Many (both audience and comedians) take courage  from a dim lit venue. 
     b) Seating needed to be arranged to encourage people to sit closer to the stage

Looking forward to the next one

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
Chris is Ginty appearing on Saturday?

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
No Mark it's not Ginty, it's a gentleman called Alan Moore. I must admit the few times I have seen Ginty I thought he was really good. This chap has about four changes of costume and is not bad ....that's why I have been generous and made it a free night! If you get what I mean. But I am sure it will be a good night.

The following 2 weeks we have soul bands on. The 17th we have 7Storey Soul, Leicester's premier soul/funk band with tickets priced at £4 each or £6 on the door, and the following week it is Souled Out, a Motown/Soul duo from Lincoln with tickets at £3 each or £5 on the door. Should anyone be interested in both weeks you can buy a discounted ticket at £6 for both events.

Tickets as usual available from behind the Bar, United Box Office and Chris Cook Print.

Shodfried

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »
Chris is Ginty appearing on Saturday?

I just knew you'd ask that question...... ;) :D

At least you're giving it a go Cookie, it'll take time for sure.

Ever thought of doing a regular thing like Northern Soul nights, the ones at The Assembly Rooms sell out and there's a big following for it in the area.

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
Chris 3 out of 4 were good, ok atmosphere.Agree with earlier comments just move tables away from the bar, as naturally people head there to sit which thins out the crowd, but ok night for me.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
I was speaking to somebody who went and they were very impressed.They are going to the next one.The only problem is that the room was too big compared to the Blackfriars bar venue.Well done to the organisers.