Author Topic: v Buxton - Match Thread  (Read 11859 times)

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Buxton - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
Other scores from tonight:

Ashton Utd 2-1 Worksop T
Bradford PA 1-3 Burscough

We're 11th for the time being but there are six matches to be played over the next couple of days. Ashton are four points clear at the top!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »
Great result roll on the league leaders at york street surely now we can sort  this home form  out with games at york street coming thick and fast over the next 12 days.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »
Back on track - we'd have been in very good shape again if the Durham match had been played and won.

Indeed had it been played in decent conditions its likely we'd have won and we'd be on 20 points tonight the same as Kendal .....thinking positively 8) its a tight old league.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »
Back on track - we'd have been in very good shape again if the Durham match had been played and won.

Indeed had it been played in decent conditions its likely we'd have won and we'd be on 20 points tonight the same as Kendal .....thinking positively 8) its a tight old league.

Simple and to the point, we're in the thick of it still, and without wanting to say I told you so....

The only players at the minute who look poor to me are Mikel and woody other the team still look strong just need a player that will lighten up the game!

Suarez was man of the match by a country mile in our only decent recent result (@ BPA) so its a bit harsh to single him out.

....but I told you that Saurez had been one of our best players on our travels.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:36:08 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »

Would have to agree with Lord Beckett, Mickel is head and shoulders in the pecking
  order over Danny who just dosen't offer enough,Davidson was gifted good chances
  tonight and failed.Not the only one either,Newsham was guilty again of not taking his
  chance when handed a peach of a pass 3yds out and apart from that effort was guilty
  of hiding again unless i am watching a different game ?

Well done boys....... a scruffy 3points but who cares,we only hope this win will kickstart
  our season at home fixtures starting with Ashton on Saturday.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 12:52:15 AM »
Very good game tonight, especially second half. First 20-25 minutes where a bit dull and gave no indication of what was to come. The pace of the game picked up a bit as HT approached and both sides had 2 good chances to score, Tom Evans making 2 top saves at 1 end, while at the other with Davidson and Sleath missing sitters at the other (although Sleath's may have been a cross which Newsham nearly tapped in at the far post it wasn't clear).

Second half was end to end stuff and for me had a bit of a cup tie feel to it. Both sides had several good chances each, Davidson for us missed 2 more very easy chances, he really should have had a hat-trick tonight. Overall a draw would probably have been a fair result but these are the sort of games we need to nick which we did.

For me think Sparks has been a bit unfair on Newsham, although not really a goal threat he created a fair proportion of our chances. A good game and nice to see us actually trying to play football again although we still occasionally hit it long. We just need to play like this at YS, hopefully starting Saturday against Ashton. Once that first home league win comes I personally think the team will settle and play at home like they have away as at the mo they look like 2 different teams.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 05:40:08 AM »

For me think Sparks has been a bit unfair on Newsham, although not really a goal threat he created a fair proportion of our chances. A good game and nice to see us actually trying to play football again although we still occasionally hit it long. We just need to play like this at YS, hopefully starting Saturday against Ashton. Once that first home league win comes I personally think the team will settle and play at home like they have away as at the mo they look like 2 different teams.

Having just read Craigs official report on the OS maybe i am being a little unfair on Mark.
 Having saying that if he is not a goal threat as woad pilgrim suggests his he just a
 luxury playmaker in a three and by the way he should have tucked that effort away from
 3yds out first half.................... 
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »
Another enjoyable away trip, made better by a late winner. Just as we'd missed our usual glut of chances it looked like only a point would be our prize but the team kept going and was rewarded. Newsham missed a great chance in the first half, Danny had two fantastic chances wasted and Churchy was unmarked with a free header from a corner but got underneath it and headed over. I think we deserved a win last night as we created the better chances. Having said that it took a couple of outstanding saves from our keeper to collect the win. Dare I say it but we had a bit of rub of the green last night, which hasn't seemed to happened much recently. Prior to the first save Evans made the ball was handled by one of our defenders though the ball fell to their forward and it looked certain goal until Evans somehow scooped it out.(I was waiting for the ref to point to the spot but he didn't) Also on our goal, the initial shot(Cotton's I think) was easily covered by their keeper but took a late deflection causing the ball to pinball between the keeper and defender and fall perfectly for Suarez who was running in to bundle home. Still we got the deserved points which rewarded all those who'd gone up to Durham.(This description of the goal is for the benefit of Woad Pilgrim who was fiddling with his phone at the time! )

Bob Lee

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
Well done Boston, now put a run together.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Another enjoyable away trip, made better by a late winner. Just as we'd missed our usual glut of chances it looked like only a point would be our prize but the team kept going and was rewarded. Newsham missed a great chance in the first half, Danny had two fantastic chances wasted and Churchy was unmarked with a free header from a corner but got underneath it and headed over. I think we deserved a win last night as we created the better chances. Having said that it took a couple of outstanding saves from our keeper to collect the win. Dare I say it but we had a bit of rub of the green last night, which hasn't seemed to happened much recently. Prior to the first save Evans made the ball was handled by one of our defenders though the ball fell to their forward and it looked certain goal until Evans somehow scooped it out.(I was waiting for the ref to point to the spot but he didn't) Also on our goal, the initial shot(Cotton's I think) was easily covered by their keeper but took a late deflection causing the ball to pinball between the keeper and defender and fall perfectly for Suarez who was running in to bundle home. Still we got the deserved points which rewarded all those who'd gone up to Durham.(This description of the goal is for the benefit of Woad Pilgrim who was fiddling with his phone at the time! )

Thanks Dave, I presume you're the Dave that goes to matches with Matt? I don't usually get distracted in the match, but as we won the free kick I got my mobile out to check how much time was left only to find I was calling 999! This is the second time in the last few days I have accidently called and got connected to the emergency services while the phone has been in my pocket. Matt shouting it's in made me look up, I did see the keeper parrying the ball and then Suarez putting it into the empty net.

Well done Boston, now put a run together.
Does it matter whether we put a run together or not, as according to you the season is over anyway ::)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »
I'm confused about this easy chance Newsham had in the first half. The only one I recall is from Sleath's (?) cross shot, when the ball was always going to be a few inches in front of him as he slid in. Was there another one?