Author Topic: Ashley Timms  (Read 22586 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ashley Timms
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »
Obviously Timms still believes he is a law unto himself something that has been a disaster for him in the past. If he is challenging the manager then that cannot be tolerated and the manager has no alternative than to act, will Timms eat humble pie and apologise? if so will Geene make up and welcome him back into the fold?. Fairclough although very loyal does need games and does not add much from the bench. Bore has not in the main impressed, he has showed little enthusiasm and had a mare on Saturday had he not been replaced at fullback by Marshall we would have lost, I have never seen him smile even when he scored the worldy and gives the appearance of not being together with the rest. We don't want any players at Boston who think they are above the club.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
Obviously Timms still believes he is a law unto himself something that has been a disaster for him in the past. If he is challenging the manager then that cannot be tolerated and the manager has no alternative than to act, will Timms eat humble pie and apologise? if so will Geene make up and welcome him back into the fold?. Fairclough although very loyal does need games and does not add much from the bench. Bore has not in the main impressed, he has showed little enthusiasm and had a mare on Saturday had he not been replaced at fullback by Marshall we would have lost, I have never seen him smile even when he scored the worldy and gives the appearance of not being together with the rest. We don't want any players at Boston who think they are above the club.

Exactly my thoughs oxo.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »
I read that DG is hoping to have a new goalkeeper in before weekend but surely we would need Timms to go beforehand to make room in the budget?? I see Jan budtz is still without a club after leaving trinity he could be an option??

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
i would actually have budtz if timms was to go, proven keeper at this level

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
Bloody hell I have one Saturday off on Grandad duty and half the bloody players are on their way  ::).Scott and Hurst tried to sign Budtz when they were here. 
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »
Is it set up for the return of the prodigal?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

Exactly my thoughs oxo.

agreed.
I thought on Saturday he needed anger management lessons.
Seems like a lad with "issues" to me.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
I'm not so sure it is something new this week, this has been building.  I think you can let a keeper get away with a bit more than an outfield player, as long as the back 4 have faith. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
I think Timms shows willingness to win and i think as a goalkeeper you have to be loud and vocal and scream and shout just my view. Something must have gone on this week as its not just Timms its ben and bore also and now rene steer has signed does that mean we will lose sansara aswel? I think is very bad management i think greene has done a wonderful job up to this point just hope he hasnt put himself in a position he didnt need to put himself in we are doing wonderfully well in the league i didnt think we needed to change things.... i really hope we get a good result at the weekend make or break time in my view.

Agreed

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »
Timms lost it on Saturday.  When he got booked for kicking the ball away, it was the second time he had kicked the ball out, claiming there was something wrong with it.  Completely idiotic - if there is something wrong with the ball, show it to the ref - he's in charge not you.  He seemed to lose focus after that.  Even before that, he wasn't coming for the ball at set pieces, which the bench were telling him to do.  The management have also clearly been unhappy with his distribution in several games.  If he's as good as he's supposed to be, that must mean he is not following instructions rather than not able to do it.  I do think he's a decent keeper but perhaps not the best 'team player'.  Loose cannons like that can have an adverse effect on team spirit, so if we can get a competent keeper who will fit into the team ethic (and maybe for less money), let's do it.  Something has clearly been brewing, because all that stuff about training at Sheff Utd didn't sound good - sounded like DG saying to the player that while he's playing for us he should be concentrating on that, not tarting himself to another team; I suspect Timms didn't like that so now we have irreconcilable differences.

Bore has been unreliable.  Too often he defends like a winger - OK if he's playing as a winger but as a full back I can think of a number of games where he has cost us goals.  Worcester was the worst example but too many goals have come from that flank.

I was surprised Sansara was left out on Saturday, although I think he might be another one who doesn't always follow instructions and he can be prone to losing concentration.  I like him as a full back - wonder if he will switch to the right, or maybe Galinski will play there, or will Marshall or Aujla drop back to right back?  Steer looked good at left back, if a bit short of match fitness at this level. 

DG is still developing his team.  There seems to be some criticism on this thread based on nothing more than the fact that he is trying to make improvements - ffs give the bloke a chance.  The team has progressed a lot since he arrived.  He inherited a "defence" that was under threat from the Trades Description Act, and has improved it greatly.  We have 3 decent central defenders, but full back is still a problem area, and it is now being addressed.

Hopefully he has a new keeper lined up and we can move onwards and upwards.  End of rant!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
I think Timms shows willingness to win and i think as a goalkeeper you have to be loud and vocal and scream and shout just my view. Something must have gone on this week as its not just Timms its ben and bore also and now rene steer has signed does that mean we will lose sansara aswel? I think is very bad management i think greene has done a wonderful job up to this point just hope he hasnt put himself in a position he didnt need to put himself in we are doing wonderfully well in the league i didnt think we needed to change things.... i really hope we get a good result at the weekend make or break time in my view.
[/quot

Looking at the size of the squad I would think players going out is to be expected .
No objection to bringing in better players .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
Timms lost it on Saturday.  When he got booked for kicking the ball away, it was the second time he had kicked the ball out, claiming there was something wrong with it.  Completely idiotic - if there is something wrong with the ball, show it to the ref - he's in charge not you.  He seemed to lose focus after that.  Even before that, he wasn't coming for the ball at set pieces, which the bench were telling him to do.  The management have also clearly been unhappy with his distribution in several games.  If he's as good as he's supposed to be, that must mean he is not following instructions rather than not able to do it.  I do think he's a decent keeper but perhaps not the best 'team player'.  Loose cannons like that can have an adverse effect on team spirit, so if we can get a competent keeper who will fit into the team ethic (and maybe for less money), let's do it.  Something has clearly been brewing, because all that stuff about training at Sheff Utd didn't sound good - sounded like DG saying to the player that while he's playing for us he should be concentrating on that, not tarting himself to another team; I suspect Timms didn't like that so now we have irreconcilable differences.

Bore has been unreliable.  Too often he defends like a winger - OK if he's playing as a winger but as a full back I can think of a number of games where he has cost us goals.  Worcester was the worst example but too many goals have come from that flank.

I was surprised Sansara was left out on Saturday, although I think he might be another one who doesn't always follow instructions and he can be prone to losing concentration.  I like him as a full back - wonder if he will switch to the right, or maybe Galinski will play there, or will Marshall or Aujla drop back to right back?  Steer looked good at left back, if a bit short of match fitness at this level. 

DG is still developing his team.  There seems to be some criticism on this thread based on nothing more than the fact that he is trying to make improvements - ffs give the bloke a chance.  The team has progressed a lot since he arrived.  He inherited a "defence" that was under threat from the Trades Description Act, and has improved it greatly.  We have 3 decent central defenders, but full back is still a problem area, and it is now being addressed.

Hopefully he has a new keeper lined up and we can move onwards and upwards.  End of rant!

Good post BP, he was losing it on Saturday, I wouldn't blame him for the capitulation but it was odd.
He also had a nibble at one of their players, I think another poster mentioned it on here.
I've been a bit surprised at the a out of backing he has had on this, thought the moaners would have had him out before now :)

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2013, 10:42:27 PM »

Exactly my thoughs oxo.

agreed.
I thought on Saturday he needed anger management lessons.
Seems like a lad with "issues" to me.

Looks like he could chip in with Rob Scott for these lessons , maybe they could both make a saving. Both have the ability to do their jobs well but their attitude
holds them back . Fergie made the point this week , no one is bigger than the club.  Timms is one of the best keepers we've had for a bit but his temperament is bad , to say the least. If you can have an argument with a football that's not inflated enough for your liking then  there's no hope for you. His behaviour at Ilkeston was pretty similar apparently . Since Billy Millar has lost the Rainworth job maybe he's available and  on the radar ? What we need is a sprightly pair of hands ....

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
I think this is all stupid imo, i agree that ben should go out and get games because he just isnt playing enough but saying that he has just had a 'little' run of games and has played very well, with him going does that not leave us very short up top, miller SWD, Newsham? have we all not said we need another option up front because lets me honest i think all 3 have been fantastic this season but sometimes it just doesnt work against the bigger teams ie ferriby and brackley who have big centre halves.

Bore admittedly i have just thought he is a stable player, does nothing special but isnt bad, just keeps his head down and does the job, but again it leaves us very short for right back because bore is a much better option than marshall there, we all remember last season and marshall was part of that defence.
Now to the big one TIMMS just before a very big game for us DG does this, does this not show inexperience to anybody else? like on saturday not making changes until we are 3-2 up but under it, nobody else think he didnt know what to do in that situation? yes i am a big DG fan, he has done wonders for us since he has came in but this has just shocked me a lot, there is no way he can be serious if he goes into saturday with vince in goal. This needs to be resolved and quick but timms is the best keeper we have had for a very long time and this isnt the way this feud between them should be sorted

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 08:15:19 AM »
Well said!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"