Author Topic: 3 nil up and messed it up  (Read 21587 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 3 nil up and messed it up
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 02:28:04 PM »
just saying as I read it, only the management will sought it.   it was just not his stile of play so I thought something not quite right.
in answer to GHM. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:32:33 PM by miele »

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 05:23:38 PM »
The frustrations of football!!! I just cannot understand how we can change so quickly. The new players were fine first half, nearly non existent second --fitness query? I am not sure what DG does say to the players because he always seems to be out early before games, and at the start of the second half, also in the social club before games. Surely management need to keep the players sharp in situations like this--it looked as if players though 3-0 up at half time-game over.

I do not understand the criticism of Timms-- he's a goalkeeper after all, so he's bound to be crackers at times. Still think he is the best we have had for some time.

Now makes Saturday's game vital. Always a struggle against a physical and talented attacking side.

BUFCBUCK

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »
Beat Alty and everything changes! Lets get behind the boys. Yes, yesterday was frustrating but we need to move on.
We are in the best position we have been in, in along time.
1 game doesn't define a season!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »
Three nil up at half time isn't all it's cracked up to be.

What do you do second half ? If you continue to press forward you risk leaving gaps at the back, which the opposition may exploit with their renewed second-half vigour. Then the manager can get criticised for not being defence-minded. If you sit back and defend then you invite the opposition onto you. The mind-set of the players from the first half was to push forward and it is difficult to change this during the game. Harrogate's only choice was to go all out attack - and it worked. They were a wounded animal going into the break and wouldn't have needed a lot of motivation.

We can blame individual players but yesterday I think the manager has to take a lot of responsibility for the way he prepared his players both tactically and mentally for the second half.

DL

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 05:35:42 AM »

What do you do second half ? If you continue to press forward you risk leaving gaps at the back, which the opposition may exploit with their renewed second-half vigour. Then the manager can get criticised for not being defence-minded. If you sit back and defend then you invite the opposition onto you. The mind-set of the players from the first half was to push forward and it is difficult to change this during the game. Harrogate's only choice was to go all out attack - and it worked. They were a wounded animal going into the break and wouldn't have needed a lot of motivation.

We can blame individual players but yesterday I think the manager has to take a lot of responsibility for the way he prepared his players both tactically and mentally for the second half.

DL
[/quote man management he lacks  and lack of experience   after the outburst on TIMMS last week then the mess GREENE made of things on sat. don't be surprised if theres not a back lash from TIMMS on GREENE this week.
again I must say had it not been for TIMMS things would have been a ole lot worse.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »
After reading through all the post match posts on the patter, I was expecting a post or two about out goalkeepers tantrums of kicking the ball into touch on his own accord from which a yellow card was given by the referee, rightly so, when you are 3-0 up and coasting, that action is taken as time wasting, but was it only me and the spectator stood next to me who saw Mr Timms deliberately kick out with his left foot at a Harrogate player who had done nothing malicious towards him at all, this action was done a few minutes after the ref had booked Timms, we saw it, Timms wants to be thankful the ref did not see it, or else he would have been red carded,  how much contact there was seemed minimal, and the Harrogate player did not make a meal of it.

I actually thought the most likely player who would get a red card was Harrogates no 5, Ricky Miller was all over him their no 5 was struggling to contain him in the 1st half, and what does our manager do, he substitutes RM, this is the player who was instrumental in setting up all three goals, from that point in the match Harrogate got superiority for the first time, If anyone is to blame for the second half disaster , it is our manager, bad substitutes by Bostons management made Simon Weavers subs look like Arsene Wengers.
I also think MOM should have gone to Ricky Miller, his work rate was phenomenal.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
As ceamboy says Timms was very lucky not to be sent off , hopefully the manager will have a word with the player ,
Millers impressive work causes chaos for defenders .  Reading to local paper DG has told him to release the ball to a team mate in a better scoring position .  Second half Saturday with us 3-1 he failed to pass to SWD in a better scoring position and missed a chance to kill the game off at 4-1 (see match video ).
Seems harsh to criticise Ricky be he would be an even bigger asset if he takes Greens advice .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:59 PM »
I don't think he'd be such a nuisance if he was less selfish. His strengths are his confidence in his left foot and pace.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 05:58:40 PM »
As ceamboy says Timms was very lucky not to be sent off , hopefully the manager will have a word with the player ,
Millers impressive work causes chaos for defenders .  Reading to local paper DG has told him to release the ball to a team mate in a better scoring position .  Second half Saturday with us 3-1 he failed to pass to SWD in a better scoring position and missed a chance to kill the game off at 4-1 (see match video ).
Seems harsh to criticise Ricky be he would be an even bigger asset if he takes Greens advice .

I do think he can be a bit greedy at times and his decision making can let him down, but I'd rather someone have a go that see someone not shot or pass when it's crying out for them to smash it.
But you can argue had Miller been better at decision-making, he may well not be playing at this level... it's what you get down here
That Brackley player was greedy but at least in having a go, he got lucky with Timms' error the other week.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
Don't understand why you think Timms did any thing wrong other than lift his leg to stop their forward knocking him flying as it was the forward who turned his back and his momentum carried him into Timms.
To many fairies on the pitch now so all credit to both as they could of both rolled about in agony.
Timms is one of the best keepers i have seen at York St, Bazza and Scarface were the others and they too could throw a tantrum and be unpredictable at times.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
Don't understand why you think Timms did any thing wrong other than lift his leg to stop their forward knocking him flying as it was the forward who turned his back and his momentum carried him into Timms.
To many fairies on the pitch now so all credit to both as they could of both rolled about in agony.
Timms is one of the best keepers i have seen at York St, Bazza and Scarface were the others and they too could throw a tantrum and be unpredictable at times.

You are referring to a totally different incident to what I was referring to garry@, in the incident I was referring to the Harrogate player was walking away from Timms with his back towards him when Timms walked alongside of the said player and flicked his left boot at the harrogate player, as I said before it was minimal contact but if either the ref or assistant had seen it, we should have been without a first team goalkeeper for an important match next sat.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »
Or maybe the linesman did see it. If it was in the second half I don't think it would have mattered his flag didn't seem to work

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2013, 05:57:06 AM »

DL
[/quote man management he lacks  and lack of experience   after the outburst on TIMMS last week then the mess GREENE made of things on sat. don't be surprised if theres not a back lash from TIMMS on GREENE this week.
again I must say had it not been for TIMMS things would have been a ole lot worse.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »
I like others think the keeper is one of the best we've had down here for a few years. The thing is, if any of you have had to manage staff you will understand that everyone has to sing from the same song sheet. If they don't, not only does it pee you off, it does the same to the rest of the singers. Before long you get factions in the place of work, you get people moaning about others and in the end you get a divided work force.
Sometimes you can sort it out by having a word with them, sometimes you have to be a little more firm.
Now I have no idea if this had happened in the club but things must have gone a bit pear shape.

Check the grassy knoll and the Spitfire real ale in the club house  :bunny
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:18:45 AM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »

DL

"man management he lacks and lack of experience "   clarify who you are talking about miele ,
 Rob Scott ?