Author Topic: 3 nil up and messed it up  (Read 21580 times)

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
3 nil up and messed it up
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
How did we get in this position, what was greenes team talk, sit back and dont play ball. Players thinking its easy and games won? There managers team talk must of been strong either that or the hairdryer treatment

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 3 nil up and messed it up
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
Went to the game today, I was expecting good things. First half fantastic and thought I was going to see a few more goals. I did see three more goals but sadly in the wrong net. As good as we were in the first half, we were shocking in the second half.
Three questions, why were we so poor second half, what the flying fook was the keeper up to and how can anyone complain about the sending off?
If I was the ref today he'd have walked!

Check the grassy knoll and the Spitfire real ale in the club house  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
Definitely a sending off. The only complaints  I heard was people moaning there tackle on Miller in the first half should have been a red. Saying that I don't think this ref hardly done much to endear himself to the locals in his previous games

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
If timms had a problem why not call the ref over instead of booting it away, resulting in a yellow card for time wasting, IMO timms didn't seem himself the 2nd half

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
Full marks to BUFC for a magnificent first half display.
Full marks for the Harrogate manager's half time team talk and second half substitutions.
Can't bring myself to say anything about our poor second half except that I am bitterly disappointed. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:04:37 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »
It was a sending off and it's fortunate we now have another left back. Only question is was it inside the area? looked on the edge to me.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »
Timm's needs to sort his attitude problem out. No excuses, he needs anger management councelling. To fanny about as he did is very immature

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
For someone that wants to play at a high level and has previously done so must know better, big ego!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 06:35:23 PM »
Get into trouble when I criticise Timms so won't bother. It was a clear penalty right in front of me and was simply a case of their big number 5 diving in straight at Sansara and Sansara bottling it lifting his foot shoulder height, pathetic. Clearly man of the match Marshall although playing great in midfield is going to have to move to right back, Bore is far too slow and was shown up by their left winger who also scored a great goal after leaving him for dead. When Conner dropped to right back the lad hardly got a kick. Big disappointment after excellent first half. 

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
Massively disappointing performance second half. Only positives is how well we played first half and rene steer looks much better than sansara. Still in strong league position so must try kick on now and get behind the lads

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »
Timms was out of the ground faster than me today!  5.10pm, he drove out of the car park at high speed in his Mini to which the Harrogate bus driver shouted 'steady on fella!'  This was right in front of Dennis Greene - they didn't even acknowledge each other as he drove off.  I've been a real supporter of Timms up to now so I hope all is well in camp BUFC.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »
Am I the only person to notice that Timms appeared to avoid the curling ball which resulted in Harrogate's second goal. From my viewpoint he seemed to moved his body out of the way assuming the ball was going to go wide when  it would have been just as easy to catch or palm it away.  No doubt the video highlights will show what actually happened.

I hope Ian Ross returns soon because had he been playing in the second half we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals.

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
I thought that too, looked within diving reach had he of moved his feet across, whether it was or not will be cleared up by the highlights

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »
i dont understand why timms is coming into all this criticism, he couldnt do anything about the goals today, i think you are just being picky about the second goal, that was a class goal and if we had scored a goal like that you wouldnt be saying thats lucky their keeper should of saved it would you?

I couldnt believe marshall got motm, i thought in the second half he looked very tired and they were constantly coming straight through the middle at us, IMO which is what this forum is about, bore played very well today but i think the key point is, why did DG not make changes a lot earlier in the second half, we were poor from the very start of the second half, why does it take for them to score 2 and for us to look even worse and look like losing the game for him to make changes 15 mins from time, bizarre, very poor managerial decision. A very disappointing all round display in the second half, i cant even really remember us having a proper shot in the second half

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
Will Sam Vince get his big chance against Altrincham next Saturday ?