Author Topic: " Heads will roll" says Scott. Today's Standard  (Read 10487 times)

Stumpy

• View Profile
Re: " Heads will roll" says Scott. Today's Standard
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
My gut feeling is that the management will get it right soonerrather than later.

They are not hiding and denying that they have misjudged  the situation, other that some of the players they brought in.

The next half dozen games could be make or break as far as retaining the wavering supporter though.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »
Need to be a bit careful with 'heads will roll talk'. Hardly an uplifting sentiment for the players. And of course ultimately they brought the players in and therefore have some responsibility for the situation.

Am a bit concerned this is media talk to appease the fans, to show they are tough etc. Work on the tactics might also be in order .....

Confidence is the key and such talk hardly inspires. A relatively poor home record is unfortunate, as it gets the York Street crowd in the negative territory and the players become more anxious and are more likely to underperform. Maybe it is a situation whereby the management team need to give players encouragement and /or discuss the failings behind closed doors not media sound bites of 'Heads will Roll'.
If the managers need time in their job perhaps some players do to ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:15:09 PM by dubai camel »

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
Need to be a bit careful with 'heads will roll talk'. Hardly an uplifting sentiment for the players. And of course ultimately they brought the players in and therefore have some responsibility for the situation.

Am a bit concerned this is media talk to appease the fans, to show they are tough etc. Work on the tactics might also be in order .....

Confidence is the key and such talk hardly inspires. A relatively poor home record is unfortunate, as it gets the York Street crowd in the negative territory and the players become more anxious and are more likely to underperform. Maybe it is a situation whereby the management team need to give players encouragement and /or discuss the failings behind closed doors not media sound bites of 'Heads will Roll'.
If the managers need time in their job perhaps some players do to ???

What a great post, i would echo every word you have said..... nothing wrong with the
 truth and sentiments of such a good observation of the situation the playing staff find
 themselves in presently...... more of the same please!!!!!
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »
In truth, after watching most games this season, I dont think this is anythink to do with players under performing i think its more of a case of some players arnt good enough, i dont say that as dissrespectfull its more a case that you will only  be as good as you can get.

I do agree with some of there comments as to players fit into different teams in different ways.

I only see 3 changes i think we need myself and thats get rid of the 2 big guys so the team keep it on the floor and get a RB in, from what i seen of the rest when the ball is on the grass they seem to play well.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:05 PM »
Up top we need to get rid of swoz mayb keep danny even if only for a small role, we need somone up top hes not tall but not a midgit so they can win headers and play on the floor

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
we should get Rob Norris, Tom Matthews and Ricky Miller

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 12:02:36 PM »
Where are these 3 playing now?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
Matthews is at North Ferriby but there are some other players than former ones you know

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:10:51 PM »
2 days before the Durham game and no rolling heads head!I guess/hope JB will be signing some player at Carres GS tonight ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:14:58 PM »
we should get Rob Norris, Tom Matthews and Ricky Miller

Just incase you missed the summer situation with ricky miller it would need around 300 to 400 a week for miller to be abl to play at boston, and as good as he was no player at this level warents that.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »
The other one mentioned,Rob Norris,is at Grantham.If you think one or two of the current team are "lightweight".......................let's just say Norris doesn't play on windy days................

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
 Just give The Crane a run -out ..

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »
2nd best defence in the league and we are talking about defenders,

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
But Chris Wood and Tom Evans have been at fault for almost every goal weve conceded