Author Topic: Kevin Blackwell  (Read 3083 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Kevin Blackwell
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
Ex Boston keeper sacked from Bury after 7 games without a win.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Blackwell
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »
Asst manager ..?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
Bury sack manager Blackwell

Bury have sacked manager Kevin Blackwell, with the club lying fourth from bottom of League Two.

Bury were relegated from League One last season and 16 players left in the summer as the club looked to ease financial pressure following a takeover in May.

Blackwell had been out of football for more than two years when he took over at Gigg Lane in September last year.

They are currently 21st in League Two, without a win in their last seven games and just one point off the relegation places.

The 54-year-old had handed contracts to 17 players since the summer and signed a further five on loan before being shown the door by the Shakers.

Bury claim they will issue a full statement on Blackwell's dismissal later on Monday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:49:56 PM »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:19:13 AM »
I think Stockport have a manager now.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »
I think Stockport have a manager now.
[/quot   

May be looking for a new one after last Saturday DL!!!!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 06:29:51 AM »
I've just started reading Clarke Carlisle's auto-biography. I haven't got very far with it yet so don't know the full story. But there's an interesting quote fairly early on in the book:

Another reason people end up moving is when they just don't see eye to eye with the manager. A football club is like any other workplace; the likelihood of you and your boss getting on is a veritable lottery. Even when a manager buys a player, and so is "his" purchase, unless they've worked together before it is impossible to know whether their personalities, egos or opinions will clash. I have worked under 13 different managers in my time in football, and that sort of clash happened only once. The man in question was Kevin Blackwell at Leeds United.