Author Topic: Gainsborough chucked out of the Cup  (Read 11491 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough chucked out of the Cup
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
What a shambles! Even our John can send an email...So they lose the money from winning the match then?

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »
Sorry N40s but I can't understand where the hate you have for GT comes from. Chill out babe or it will turn you grey before your time. Perhaps this will help; Man stands naked in front of a magic mirror. He says "mirror, mirror on the wall make my willy touch the floor, and his legs fell off".
Anyway all clubs screw up at some time. They shouldn't have played him without confirmation of his availability. All clubs are like the water table, they eventually find their correct equilibrical level (I'm sure that word doesn't exist but it fits). I think that Boston United will find its correct level eventually. Gate receipts + other earned income = players it can afford = results = league level.
Happy days.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »
Utter tinpottery and completely symptomatic of a shambles of a club who have the gall to call themselves 'rivals'....... and shame on anyone who takes them seriously......JoshB.......... ;)

For such crass stupidity and bringing the county into disrepute I'd ban them from next seasons competition too.

and ban them from  lincs senior cup   we may win it then  ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 10:08:29 AM »
The commonest reason for not receiving an e-mail is that it's been identified as spam and put in the spam folder. I reckon that when the FA get round to checking their e-mail spam folder then Gainsborough will be back in.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
Sorry N40s but I can't understand where the hate you have for GT comes from. Chill out babe or it will turn you grey before your time. Perhaps this will help; Man stands naked in front of a magic mirror. He says "mirror, mirror on the wall make my willy touch the floor, and his legs fell off".
Anyway all clubs screw up at some time. They shouldn't have played him without confirmation of his availability. All clubs are like the water table, they eventually find their correct equilibrical level (I'm sure that word doesn't exist but it fits). I think that Boston United will find its correct level eventually. Gate receipts + other earned income = players it can afford = results = league level.
Happy days.

I love his hatred of all things tinpot.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »
Happy days.

I love his hatred of all things tinpot.

I'd die a happy man if we never played in the league again, as long as can establish ourselves as a solid Conference National side sooner rather than later.......its our level, just as GTFC's is a level below us, not thinking they are great rivals and heaven forbid bigger than us.

They really are an object lesson in mediocrity,44 years at the same level, no league titles, just the odd tinpot here and there, a ground thats a relic from the 70's (although give me that over any new build) and support that dwindles every season with the passing of older stalwart fans and just enough investment to ensure relegation won't happen, but any promotion hopes are firmly put to bed before the 1st frosts of autumn arrive.

Gainsborough; where the football season finishes in October.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »
What an embittered person you are...you can almost smell the bile coming through the monitor.
Go for a lay down in a darkened room and let reality flow over your tortured brow and face facts that your team are going nowhere.
You like to think you are a cut above us but your not, an average team in an average league that's all you are so get used to it nf.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »
Yes Andy we should be in a league higher, GT should be a league below us, but that's all down to income and expenditure. The support Boston gets  is great and in a higher league would be greater but equilibrium will come into play eventually. All supporters, players and clubs MUST have higher ambitions because that's the driving force behind any club. Without ambition whats the point. And actually, forgetting the illegal aspect of events, Boston and GT have gone through very similar experiences. Presented with money, either by a generous benefactor or by cooking the books, a few seasons of great expectations and then a kick up the bum.
If it makes you feel any better I was told 40 years ago that Gainsborough was considered the backside (polite version) of Lincolnshire.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
What an embittered person you are...you can almost smell the bile coming through the monitor.
Go for a lay down in a darkened room and let reality flow over your tortured brow and face facts that your team are going nowhere.
You like to think you are a cut above us but your not, an average team in an average league that's all you are so get used to it nf.
I think you've just described your own club, not ours.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »

No,definitely your club.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

No,definitely your club.

Great Comeback...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »

No,definitely your club.
If we're average, then you're shit.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »

No,definitely your club.
If we're average, then you're shit.
Great post..sublime sophistication.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »
The delicious irony of it all, a Gainsborough fan describing a club as average........ ::)

Friend, your club is a byword for 'average', I think even the OED has the definition of 'average' described as 'Gainsborough Trinity Football Club, 1968-2013.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:58 PM »
The delicious irony of it all, a Gainsborough fan describing a club as average........ ::)

Friend, your club is a byword for 'average', I think even the OED has the definition of 'average' described as 'Gainsborough Trinity Football Club, 1968-2013.

yawn..........
United we stand..................