Author Topic: Gainsborough chucked out of the Cup  (Read 11470 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough chucked out of the Cup
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »

Any referees out there who can answer a hypothetical question?

If a team is thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an ineligible player, then their FA Cup record for the current season must be null and void. How does that affect the other players in that side in terms of their status as "cup tied"? Could they play again in the competition in the same season but for a different side?

Trinity players were abandoning ship prior to the FA Cup ruling (e.g. Mark Jones). With the loss of their prize money from this season's competition, Housham's budget has presumably just got even smaller and there might be a few more players heading for the exit doors. Could they play in the FA Cup for anyone else?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:55 PM »
Rushall now play away to Stockport in the next round. Stockport do not get a bye (though they should win that game)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »
Tinpottery of the highest calibre.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »
Does that mean we can call them cheats now  ;D?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Utter tinpottery and completely symptomatic of a shambles of a club who have the gall to call themselves 'rivals'....... and shame on anyone who takes them seriously......JoshB.......... ;)

For God's sake how can anyone get wound up about that lot when they can't even manager to ask a bloke if he's played in this seasons competition or not?

For such crass stupidity and bringing the county into disrepute I'd ban them from next seasons competition too.

If ever there was an incentive to get out of this hell hole this surely must be it, how can we share a league with a laughing stock like this?

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 07:44:10 PM »
Tinpottery of the highest calibre.
Not quite as bad as stealing from the taxpayer to progress through the leagues.
Thieving of the highest calibre wouldn't you say?

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
Cheats no...foolish yes.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »
For God's sake how can anyone get wound up about that lot when they can't even manager to ask a bloke if he's played in this seasons competition or not?
He wasn't cup tied, the FA just didn't receive an email (and therefore Trinity didn't receive confirmation) saying Lincoln allowed him to play for Trinity.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »
Cheats no...foolish yes.
How are you not cheats? You won, having broken a rule.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »
Utter tinpottery and completely symptomatic of a shambles of a club who have the gall to call themselves 'rivals'....... and shame on anyone who takes them seriously......JoshB.......... ;)

For such crass stupidity and bringing the county into disrepute I'd ban them from next seasons competition too.

If ever there was an incentive to get out of this hell hole this surely must be it, how can we share a league with a laughing stock like this?
What has happened is crass stupidity on our part but pales into insignificance with what your club did.
Now that warranted a total shutdown of your tinpot outfit.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »

What has happened is crass stupidity on our part but pales into insignificance with what your club did.
Now that warranted a total shutdown of your tinpot outfit.

Instead of coming on this forum your time would be better spend passing on your great wisdom to the secretary of tinpot Gainsboro T FC

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
Just knew the cheat word would get em going  :dan

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »
How dare you lot come on here taking the moral high ground.

99% of decent BUFC fans abhor what Evans did, they are ashamed of him and of ever being associated with him and his grubby mob.

What you are doing is muckraking of the highest order.

This from a club with about 200 real fans and propped up 100% by one mans money, I'll treat your comments with the utter contempt they deserve.

black n yella

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
Quick question for our tinpot friend - can you confirm your lot will be lining up on the half way line with their player I.D cards, like I used to with my youth team ?
Boy standards have slipped at tinpot hq since Brian Little football genius left.
Anyways me duck, you've got your cup final with us next month so don't get to upset.