Author Topic: Reserves beaten by Ruston Sports 2-0 - but what a bizarre Referee!!  (Read 2756 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
The most inept Refereeing performance I have ever seen (well for 10 years at least!). Ruston were deserved winners but the Ref was the main talking point. How many fouls did he miss? A total joke of an official and the ending of the game was most bizarre when, instead of punishing a bad foul and retaliation, decided to shirk his responsibilities and blow the final whistle early - to the amazement of players, managers and spectators. Weird! Boston never really looked like scoring and injuries picked up by Dongo and Delahoy will now be a concern. Good performance by substitute Joby Gowshall and a number of great saves by Andy Hewitt are the only positives I can think of!  :bunny
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:40:45 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves beaten by Ruston Sports 2-0 - but what a bizarre Referee!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »
The most inept Refereeing performance I have ever seen (well for 10 years at least!). Ruston were deserved winners but the Ref was the main talking point. How many fouls did he miss? A total joke of an official and the ending of the game was most bizarre when, instead of punishing a bad foul and retaliation, decided to shirk his responsibilities and blow the final whistle early - to the amazement of players, managers and spectators. Weird! Boston never really looked like scoring and injuries picked up by Dongo and Delahoy will now be a concern. Good performance by substitute Joby Gowshall and a number of great saves by Andy Hewitt are the only positives I can think of!  :bunny

Been at many a game when spectators have left their seats early, but never before when we sat there like lemons, waiting for the ref to sort out the incident, dish out punishment and award a free kick.  Don't know how long it took us to realise the match had finished but "They don't think it's all over, but it is now" comes to mind.  Even down Rosebery Avenue on a Sunday morning we knew when the game had ended.   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:24:23 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
And there is NO point in complaining to the fa about inept refs because they will just tell you its down to the county fa to administer the local officials. They will pass the buck on everything. Apparently its the fa that have implemented the rules that allow foreign players to play for England after being resident in this country for 5 years. Its a way out for the fa so that they cannot be blamed for the rubbish quality of football played at International level and an opportunity for foreign players to save English football.Someone did tell me at the weekend that the refs who turn out for Boston United games, and other teams at our level, get paid so well for their services that they don't really care about whether they are any good or not. No wonder they flap around with silly grins on their faces.
Perhaps all refs should be women, if you know what I mean. Will she be reffing any more games at York Street.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Cannot agree more the challenge on Dongo was a disgrace.The six foot something took the ball but knew his fifteen stone frame slammed into his opponent would take him out the game straight red for me then in last minute the opponents pushing and kicking the lad was totally out of order, then a melee and the ref just bottled it in fact think he booked the Boston lad.

The opponents were the better team by far going forward but just a bunch of bullies.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Not 100% sure if he booked Boston player at end but you could be right - didn't see a yellow card but then he was such an "unusual" referee I am not quite sure what he was doing! I think he was a bona fide official in this League otherwise the 2 assistants would have done something - but he did seem out of place and character. I did ask some of the Ruston players after the game if they had seen him before but they hadn't. Even though they won, they said the guy was not strong enough to officiate at this level! Not sure if the Club should take a lead in this and make a report to the Lincolnshire League Committee? Not wishing to slam Referees as they are all volunteers at grassroots but, if it is compromising the safety of players, action should be taken. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
Was he a local ref? Did he abandon the game if he blew up early?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
I thought afterwards that might possibly have been the case as it was such a weird ending - but the result is stated on both our and Lincs League Website. Not sure where the Referee came from  - hope he is not involved in the Lincs League again. :bunny
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:17:48 PM by Burgh Boy »