Author Topic: Boston 1 Barrow 0  (Read 2420 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boston 1 Barrow 0
« on: October 06, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
Not the prettiest game of flowing football but the thing is we won!
Both debutantes did well I thought. Hall (possibly the best "Hall" to play for the club since Asa??)
He looks a good acquisition, Indy brings some "bite" .
It will be interesting to gets the nod when everyone is fit.
Impressed with the effort yesterday, not carrying any slackers this year.
Thought Barrow dished a lot of stick out to Milnes, I guess it was their way of breaking play up.
A bit of praise to Ricky Miller, he never gives up but his temperment is SO much better now.
He gets fouled and gets up and gets on with it, nice to see

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston 1 Barrow 0
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
I agree couldnt fault the work rate of most, but against a very average looking opponent it was hard work wasn't it. Agree also about the arrival of Hall and Millers attitude. What continues to frustrate though is the amount of long balls we continue to play. In the second half against Bradford we at least played it out from the back and enjoyed so much more possession when doing so. So why oh why does Timms, under you assume, DG's instructions, give the ball away so cheaply and so regularly by thumping it so bloomin hard?
That said it's another win, another three points and now we can hopefully all enjoy our visit next weekend to Brackley for a different challenge
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:45:34 PM by B Grimes »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
I thought Timms kicking left a bit to be desired at times.
Saying that tho' he is a very good keeper and a very big lad so I won't be upsetting him too much :)
He has a huge kick, it would be great to see him have a shot when the other keeper is out of area.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »
Twice during the game second half Timms tried to call Indy to play the short ball from a goal kick and twice Greene shouted "kick it long wide Ashley or you're off!"

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »
I think maybe DG was right apart from BORE we were flapping a bit in defence so rest bite was the order so as to get in better order

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »
I think maybe DG was right apart from BORE we were flapping a bit in defence so rest bite was the order so as to get in better order

The opposite is true miele as with two giant defenders the ball was just coming back too quickly and thatin itself  simply puts us under  even more pressure. Give it to the full backs, a la BPA style and if they then decide to hit it long, it will be down the channels where we can at least close down with purpose and in the right areas whist pushing their back four deeper, and if nothing else that will bring the much needed respite you speak of, teams can do nothing if we ave the ball
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:47:09 PM by B Grimes »