Author Topic: Not many Barrow fans coming  (Read 9042 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Not many Barrow fans coming
« on: October 03, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »
Their coach has been cancelled due to insufficient interest!

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20639&sid=909887a136cbbbc10ec705e5bed554a0
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Not many Barrow fans coming
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »
Their coach has been cancelled due to insufficient interest!

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20639&sid=909887a136cbbbc10ec705e5bed554a0

Avoids their fans getting a b*llocking of Bayliss !!!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
Feel for those who wanted to go, surely the club can put them on the team bus, bus why didn't they just hire a minibus if numbers were so short?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
Can you imagine the club putting any BUSA members on the team bus up there if numbers were insufficient?

No, nor can I.

And rightly so.

Its bad enough been in this hell hole league, once you start acting like its more tinpot member clubs you know your here for the long haul.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »
It did happen a few seasons ago - can't remember where to, though.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
I think I remember going to Guiseley once and Baza and I think Steve Appleby were on the supporters coach  ::)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
I think I remember going to Guiseley once and Baza and I think Steve Appleby were on the supporters coach  ::)

I was on that coach too. During the game Bazza  messed up and conceded a goal, he stopped at each row of seats when he got on the homeward bound coach and apologised to the supporters on each row for losing the game.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
Coming back from a game at Runcorn many years ago, our coach broke down and the team coach stopped to pick us all up, we had to sit in the aisle, and duck down when a cop car was near because the coach was over-loaded! Happy Days :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
None of the teams which have visited us this year have really brought many supporters with them have they, which if nothing else actually shows how loyal us lot are. 200 at Stockport, more than that at Ferriby, and from what I was told about 100 at Cheltenham and even around 50 or so travelled mid week to Oxford. We should give ourselves a huge pat on the back

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
would we wont to support any of the teams that have visited us they have been poor   and barrow don't sound any better.
the most disappointing was guiseley no were near the guiseley we no not takeingany thing from our lads we played better than them.
DG says it will be a harder leage this season evidence so far says not.    (and yes I do think at the moment we have a better team )

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »
None of the teams which have visited us this year have really brought many supporters with them have they, which if nothing else actually shows how loyal us lot are. 200 at Stockport, more than that at Ferriby, and from what I was told about 100 at Cheltenham and even around 50 or so travelled mid week to Oxford. We should give ourselves a huge pat on the back

Too right we should, especially those who travel, and more so after the crushing mediocrity of the last few years.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »

Nantwich away 2009 after being tonked 5-0 I think is the one you're on about? Players coach broke down at some point so the players had to get on the BUSA coach on the way home

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »

Nantwich away 2009 after being tonked 5-0 I think is the one you're on about? Players coach broke down at some point so the players had to get on the BUSA coach on the way home
I remember that one (was on it), but I'm sure there was one where BUSA offered to pay for one coach for players/fans together (with fans paying as normal).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »

Too right we should, especially those who travel, and more so after the crushing mediocrity of the last few years.

Strangely, the mediocrity has been at home (or has appeared to have been) in recent years.  Under Lee we were much better on the road than at home. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
1420 Sat..predictable 433 ? v Barrow..
            No substantive defender on bench . .