Author Topic: Lowestoft.  (Read 12546 times)

blue2

Re: Lowestoft.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 04:10:29 PM »
Thanks blue2.

Reading it almost makes me homesick, talk of Captain Nemos, paddling in the ice cold sea etc.

;)

Homesick for Lowestoft??? Or some other UK seaside town???

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »
Thanks for the info blue

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
Wife fancies going to yarmouth for breakfast along the front then eading down there for noon while i go to match. If anyone knows the place have they any idea of a cheap and decent place for tea after the game(bearing in mind we will have a 2 year old with us).

Hi Bostonshire. Being a Lowestoft lad I cannot recommend Gt. Yarmouth (many of us locals keep clear of the place with its 'Kiss Me Quick' hats!). Lowestoft is a quieter place than Gt. Yarmouth but the seafront and beach are classier. The sea is shallow if your daughter wanted a paddle and the beach is clean and an award winner. I think our beach feels far safer. With the weather this weekend it should be lovely! I can recommend the Lighthouse Cafe for a very good tea / breakfast / eat but this is at the north end of the town at the foot of the cliff at Sparrows Nest. Would need to drive there before returning to the seafront. If you wanted to eat on the seafront you have got Captain Nemos on the Claremont Pier and Thatched Restaurant a bit further up that are both good. If you want a great chinese then there is Gourmets opposite the Thatched Restaurant. There are others but these are the ones I would prefer to go to myself. In town centre the Library Cafe (above Godfreys shop in Suffolk Road) is very good and about ten minutes walk from the ground itself. And, near the bridge (and again ten mins from the ground) you have The Pizza and Pancake Co.

Link for info on The Lighthouse Cafe:
http://www.bizwiki.co.uk/cafes/198411/the-lighthouse-cafe.htm

Other general info:
http://www.lovelowestoft.co.uk/directory.php

All very good info, but where do we buy the lollipop penis's (what is the pleural of penis?) and blow up dolls?  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
Homesick for the British seaside  ;)

blue2

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »

All very good info, but where do we buy the lollipop penis's (what is the pleural of penis?) and blow up dolls?  ;D
[/quote]

Probably at The Private Shop in Commercial Road near Lowestoft Bridge!
Isn't the plural of penis a g***bang?

Seenbetter

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »
What a great forum. Learne about football, Fat Scotsman, furniture, willies, sex aides(perhaps you should log onto Ann Summers), travel and lots of other exciting life experiences.  ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »
Well this is the day. Good luck to Boston United and I hope all the travelling support have a safe journey and a good day out. I can't make it but will be there in spirit.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »

Probably at The Private Shop in Commercial Road near Lowestoft Bridge!
Isn't the plural of penis a g***bang?
[/quote]

Brilliant ;D Nice to have a rival fan enjoy the forum.

Seenbetter

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »
Congrats blue2. Nice to have heared from you. I think thats about 270 minutes without a goal if the info on the live update was right. Good luck in the next round. As is often said in this situation we can focus on the league now.

blue2

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 08:04:38 PM »
Congrats blue2. Nice to have heared from you. I think thats about 270 minutes without a goal if the info on the live update was right. Good luck in the next round. As is often said in this situation we can focus on the league now.

Thanks. It was a good cup tie with a great atmosphere, even if some fans from both sides went over the top with the banter. I always thought you were there for the taking today and so it proved. You had one clear chance which should have been taken but overall I think the scoreline was fair. You do seem to have some problems up front and did not create much, but there was not much between us. Good luck for the rest of the season.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 08:07:29 PM »
 There's always the FA Trophy for us Blu .. thats i f we've been entered ...!

blue2

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 04:56:57 PM »
There's always the FA Trophy for us Blu .. thats i f we've been entered ...!

I suppose it is feasible we could meet again in that competition?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:32 PM »
imagine us getting Crawley in that, oh my word

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »

I'd worry about getting Lowestoft again, the 6 fingered, toothless brigade would be out in force again, I think it could of and probably would be nasty if that happened again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

blue2

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »

I'd worry about getting Lowestoft again, the 6 fingered, toothless brigade would be out in force again, I think it could of and probably would be nasty if that happened again.

Only six fingers? I counted seven!
I don't think you could call it a 'brigade' but I understand where you are coming from. It was only a handful but that is all it takes. Most fans at the game did not behave this way and many fans, both home home and away, were not impressed.