Author Topic: Mark Jones  (Read 5854 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Mark Jones
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:09:06 AM »
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/story-19848935-detail/story.html

Jones is leaving Trinity for $pa£ding - surprised we looked into getting him back, presumably we'd have gone for a loan deal?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Jones
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »
Another club with more money than sense!!!

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
It immediately crossed my mind that Gainsborough "needed" to get rid of him due to his "high" salary - but not sure if previous Chairman was going to pay for his contract even though he was going to leave the Club due to health(???) issues.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
the sort of player that should be here fighting for his place, but with the history of the situation no way I would welcome him back. I remember several on this site last year saying he would regret going to Trinity, but now to Spalding!!! Who is advising him-- it must be daft money talking, and it will inevitably fall flat sooner or later.

Still think we need a big midfielder and extra forward. We were threadbare on Tuesday and will suffer if more injuries and heavy grounds happen. Happy with ehat we have, but squad too far streched.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »
he says he wants football  younge players drop leages for experience and play time hopeing to get back up again  I admire them for that.     
  he says spalding are looking for promotion     hes right on that one     but they will still be 2 leages below gainsborough.
MARK  this is all about money only money   your not rayments type of player    he will soon have you in tears   for sure.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »

Still think we need a big midfielder and extra forward. We were threadbare on Tuesday and will suffer if more injuries and heavy grounds happen. Happy with ehat we have, but squad too far streched.
   I think we need 2 more m/fielders to improve our options we missed MiLNES pace on tue. when we lost the ball in m/field we were not quick enough to retrieve it back or help in defence. forwards were fine defence were fine for now.
m/field I am not to sure about     then what do I no   

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
its now signed and sealed, jones joins up with all the other former pilgrims at spalding. getting away from all the issues with ourselves and him, it is surprising to see him drop down the leagues again to the level of his former club deeping rangers. but its a dead cert spalding will be up next season, and with the players they have who is to say they won't then go up another notch. sadly it is all about money , but if we had it..would we complain !

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 04:30:01 PM »
he says he wants football  younge players drop leages for experience and play time hopeing to get back up again  I admire them for that.     
  he says spalding are looking for promotion     hes right on that one     but they will still be 2 leages below gainsborough.
MARK  this is all about money only money   your not rayments type of player    he will soon have you in tears   for sure.

Make that three leagues below Gainsborough! We al know he left for good money, even Drury confirmed that, and wasn't he also being paid during the summer?
We couldn't compete with that, and for all their money neither can Spalding, but he is right, they should romp that league, really impressed me when we played them preseason but none the less unless GT are part funding it, the drops huge

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
Not quite so sure Spalding will romp their league, they've been in this sort of position before, then after Xmas fallen away - time will tell.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 06:25:27 PM »
Mark 'grass is always greener' Jones.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
At least those of you saw fit to throw abuse and paper money at him at the northolme can now just nip down the road to repeat your pathetic attempt to intimidate mark.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
What sort of crowds do Spalding get?

I do wonder sometimes when people with money get involved with a football club that doesn't have much support.  There is a limit to how far they can progress and one has to question why they are spending their money in this way.

The ex chairman of Gainsborough put in over a £1m into Gainsborough - and their support has ALWAYS been poor.   Although by all accounts he was interested in the ground.    Spalding United's ground is owned by the Council as far as I am aware.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »
I would still have him back now, and for one he is the type of striker we are looking for at Boston, like A couple of times we are missing that other option with our front three when it's not working and sanders isn't the answer, just not good enough for this level, for a big lad jones has quite a bit of pace, works hard and can finish! Is it possible, just see whether he is under a contract at Spaulding because I would have him back, showed pre season he can still be a big threat

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 07:38:13 PM »
IF JONES was thinking of his carrier he would have chose BOSTON UNITED sounds like he had the chance. all this as ££££ in it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:53:34 PM by miele »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »
What sort of crowds do Spalding get?

I do wonder sometimes when people with money get involved with a football club that doesn't have much support.  There is a limit to how far they can progress and one has to question why they are spending their money in this way.

The ex chairman of Gainsborough put in over a £1m into Gainsborough - and their support has ALWAYS been poor.   Although by all accounts he was interested in the ground.    Spalding United's ground is owned by the Council as far as I am aware.

Around 110 average is about what they get.