Author Topic: United Reserves V Gainsborough Town  (Read 2458 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
United Reserves V Gainsborough Town
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
Kick off 3pm    Admission prices £2 adults,£1 kids

Come and give Nigel Vince and the boys some support :)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: United Reserves V Gainsborough Town
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
Ditto. Unbeaten in the League at the moment!! Well worth going to York Street this afternoon.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:56 PM »
Lost 2-0 ... Unfortunately it was a case of boys v men.. Two reserve lads were on 1st team duty,Lee Orrey was getting married,Jordan and Charlie out on loan so it left the team short of players..... To their credit they kept battling away but were out muscled a lot of the time.. Unlucky to have a goal chalked off late in the second half on what looked a very tight offside call...

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »
Lost 2-0 ... Unfortunately it was a case of boys v men.. Two reserve lads were on 1st team duty,Lee Orrey was getting married,Jordan and Charlie out on loan so it left the team short of players..... To their credit they kept battling away but were out muscled a lot of the time.. Unlucky to have a goal chalked off late in the second half on what looked a very tight offside call...

More excuses than a certain mr drury there Neil, you was beaten fair and square or is it a case of being beaten by a better team from gainsborough you can't stomach.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »
No excuses,was just pointing out it was a depleted team and were out muscled.. GT were more physical and they played some good one or two touch football in triangles and were strong....

Oh,and for those who posted about getting the European contingent to United games,there were 4 Russian's sat in the York Street Stand :D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:32:38 PM by Crazy Neil »