Author Topic: who will be leaving?  (Read 21586 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: who will be leaving?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
Ditch the 2 big guys, so we are forces to find a man instead of airplanes.... simple, for anyone that cant see it. if boston played the ball on the floor they would be top by a stretch just look at the fact in the game.

65 min against fc, against kendal most of the retford game and 1st half against lowestoft. in these periods we played on the floor and althou we didnt make to manny chances they were cutting chances.(lets ot forget retford and lowestoft are tight on giving goals away). So what happen we all ask.......... we throw on the big guys and lump it to them and only at this point we start thinking that we dont even look like scoring.

Ditch the big guy so the others (tom e just as guilty)realise there aint no heads in the sky to hit.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
I feel sorry for players like Clarke, and Cotton, who like a couple of others appears to be viewd a bit expediently by the management when it comes to the 'who to drop' question.
Cant question his work rate, but as someone touched on a few posts ago, when confidence is low, especially for keepers and forwards and the pressure of not knowing if when and for how long you're going to be on the pitch as keepers ponder when to come and when to stay, so too do forwards when to shoot and when to take an extra touch , and they end up doing neither

I would be tempted to give the boy at least three games on the pitch, decide on who his partner will be and see what happens. Starting with the whipping  boys saturday, for surely whoever plays up front is going to gain some confidence when the ball hits the back of the net

For the future?

Without a doubt, pick two biggies and bring in a small one to play with one of them, or for that matter bring in two small ones. Two biggies as is clearly proven thus far, very rarely works, and it certainly doesn't for us at the moment

Which boy are you talking about? Clarke I presume. I like him as a player and once he gets a couple and some confidence then he'll be an asset. Trouble is how long do you give him? Yes it's still early days but every game we don't score we slip further behind the top 6. Personally out of the 3 he is the 1 I'd keep.

As for Cotton he has a lot of pace but hasn't put in enough quality crosses. The way we have been playing (hitting it long) hasn't helped wide players like Cotton and Sleath but on Saturday it was Sleath who was getting a fair bit of joy down the left while Cotton struggled on the right against Adam Smith, if he wants to make it at this level he needs to be getting the better of players like Smith who was quite poor when he played for us a couple of seasons ago.

Seenbetter

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
Got to agree with Bostonshire. We have played some darn good football on the ground. Second half against retford was a good example. Playing the big guys just encourages the long ball, we lose possession and the ball comes storming back. Afetr Retford game I got the impression the management were trying to get a good footballing side together who will outplay the opposition but without a finisher its worthless.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Got to agree with Bostonshire. We have played some darn good football on the ground. Second half against retford was a good example. Playing the big guys just encourages the long ball, we lose possession and the ball comes storming back. Afetr Retford game I got the impression the management were trying to get a good footballing side together who will outplay the opposition but without a finisher its worthless.

I think we have just answered the question of who should be shown the door and who
 remains a pilgrim player for the time being that is.

If for example the second half defeat against Retford was an example of how we want
 us to play let us all take a long hard look at the players who finished the game.Get the
 training ground work and ethics right,produce that work and tactics into a game then I
 think we'll find our finisher, let us not loose sight of the fact that these players are of
 course Managed!!!........
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

kevmarshall

• View Profile
    • My flickr page..........
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
I think Clarkie should definitely be sent back where he belongs.....................Grantham!  ::)
My other hobby is photography..........

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 07:52:08 PM »
If i was the managers i would get rid of Evans, Clarke and Suarez
Definetly not get rid of DD

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »
forgot we definitely need to get rid of Wood

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
No news on the OS for two days has it ben gagged ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
No news on the OS for two days has it ben gagged ?

I almost had the same thoughts

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 12:09:41 AM »
Logically the only players that may be parting company are those without a contract. Particuarly in this current climate, the club cannot afford to pay up the contracts of anyone, which will have to happen, unless some mutual agreement can be made
Not only that if the managers wanted to let a contracted player it would be a pretty damning verdict of their judgement wouldn't it?
It would be like admitting they signed shite players, cant see that happening at all.

Who will be leaving?

Look to the non contracted players first, thats for sure. The question is who is and who isn't on contracts?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »
Logically the only players that may be parting company are those without a contract. Particuarly in this current climate, the club cannot afford to pay up the contracts of anyone, which will have to happen, unless some mutual agreement can be made
Not only that if the managers wanted to let a contracted player it would be a pretty damning verdict of their judgement wouldn't it?
It would be like admitting they signed shite players, cant see that happening at all.

Who will be leaving?

Look to the non contracted players first, thats for sure. The question is who is and who isn't on contracts?

Ithink you will find they have already held there hands up and admitting to sighning a few wrong players.