Author Topic: who will be leaving?  (Read 21587 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: who will be leaving?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »
Ryan are you joking?
the 3 players who Welsh had on his wanted list-Clarke,Cotton and Camm!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
 Well he aint played for these 2.. and could respond better
  And thats naughty  . kon..!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:21:06 PM by father Ted »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Ryan no longer lives nearby!Hes moved up north to be with his girlfriend.Any way our money wasnt good enough for him!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »
 O I  remember when we had forwards who knocked goals in for fun  .. in the old N.P.L.
  Even old baldies  like George Maclean..
    Y 's it  so difficult to score and win these  days . ?

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »
O I  remember when we had forwards who knocked goals in for fun  .. in the old N.P.L.
  Even old baldies  like George Maclean..
    Y 's it  so difficult to score and win these  days . ?

No real,consistant reliable quality in the final third and in my opinion our goal shy forward
 line are feeding off of bits and what bits do come their way they are snatching at in fear
 of not getting themselves another opportunity...........Simple!
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »
Why do people want former players to come back ???

What we need is some experience through the spine of the team.
A  defender and midfielder with Conference or League Two experience in their late 20`s,early 30`s and a prolific goalscorer who has scored at top levels of non-league football. We must be generating some reasonable income with our decent attendances to get these lads in so lets go for it and get some better players in instead of lower league boys !

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »
so lets go for it and get some better players in!

Thats the sort of attitude that got us in this league in the first place

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
Personally,I think it could be any out of; Clarke,Cotton,Kennedy,Suarez and Davidson.All have struggled for various reasons to make an impact,and to me it's up front that needs the most attention.

IMO a little unfair to single out all of the above players,why, I personally think due to
 the Management swopping and changing his forward line game after game with the
 exception of Newsham ? they have continually asked some of them to play in an alien
 position and have not given them time to form any sought of relationship with who ever
 they select.We all except that this is a results buisness and games are won by scoring
 goals something we are failing to acheive at present.Another thread as touched on our
 wingers not getting involved in play,they are not likely to do that when the ball is being
 continually hoofed in the air to two big forwards who at times are not up to the mark.

Newsham has not been mentioned in the wake of a possible cull but he is another one
 for me that isn't pulling up many trees,the new guy signed signed from Alfreton last
 week we will withhold judgement on for the time being but his credentials in the goal
 scoring department doesn't take my breath away ! one thing for sure though, I don't
 think he's another Daryl Clare..

So given consideration to who goes and who stays maybe the Management duo will
 carefully consider every member of the squad as I think it's not only the forward line
 that should be shouldering all the adverse blame for lacklustre performances we have
 been witnessing over the past few games.

I don't disagree with much of what you say sparks.My reasons for mentioning those players in particular were based partly on opinion,and partly on observation.In terms of opinion i personally don't think either Suarez or Davidson look productive in terms of being prolific goalscorers,on top of that when either or both play we seem to be a bit one dimensional,ie just lumping it forward to the big man rather than getting the ball down and playing.My choice of the other three(Clarke,Cotton and Kennedy) was based more on observation.It seems to me that whenever a performance is poor,they seem to be the first to be dropped,or,if they play,are the first to be subbed off.I actually think all three have plenty of potential but perhaps the managers aren't getting the best out of them.I would agree with your comment about Newsham as well.The fact is,we are under performing all over the pitch at the moment,we're missing Canners influence and the whole team is lacking confidence.As i said in a previous thread,H&S have had non-stop success in their short time as managers.Now they are getting their first taste of tough times.We will see how they deal with it...............

Seenbetter

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
When Cotton came we expected him to shine----not done it for me I'm afraid.
Suarez not quick enough.
There, thats my 10 pence worth. Ooops, one final observation. 8 games. 1 win, and that was against Loughborough.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
I must watch different games to most becouse my personnal opion is when our midfeild is on song they tear teams apart. the defence can be water tight when confident. Newsham id keep becouse i think he is the poacher and in fairness all teams need a poacher, I havnt seen anuth of the big guys to tell me its working out, clarks work throu out the team is unbeleivable,

sorry for the big guys lover but they have to change. I always say,have for years and will probely say for many more years, playing a target man makes long ball look to much of a easy option.

Get rid f the big guys and force the the bloody ball to be kept down.

We play some really god stuff on the floor and at times we have made the other defence look out of place.

TransitVan_

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 05:57:23 PM »
The only players at the minute who look poor to me are Mikel and woody other the team still look strong just need a player that will lighten up the game!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
The only players at the minute who look poor to me are Mikel and woody other the team still look strong just need a player that will lighten up the game!

Suarez was man of the match by a country mile in our only decent recent result (@ BPA) so its a bit harsh to single him out.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2009, 08:43:36 PM »
I'm with OCM on the players who are at risk.

Even after the first 5 games when we where winning I have been saying to friends that we are lacking something up front. For me Clarke, Suarez and Davidson are too similar. All tall, big and strong and good in the air (well that's the theory). Each has positives:

Clarke seems the best in the air and his overall play and workrate is the best of the 3, his big problem is he seems to be a confidence player and he does seem to be lacking it at the moment so is missing the chances when they come along.

Davidson despite his size is poor in the air, he has the strength to hold off the opposition but his touch is very poor, a plus is he does put his chances away when the come along.

Suarez is good in the air but more often than not his headers have no direction, IMO he has the best touch of the 3 but he is a bit lightweight and there is a question mark over his scoring ability.

So this leads me to say at least 1 of these will be let go, Clarke for me doesn't look happy so maybe he is the 1 RS is talking about being unhappy at the club  ??? Newsham offers something different so I don't think he'll be 1 of the players leaving. If we lose 1 or possibly 2 of these I'd like to see a Ricky Miller type player, someone who can poach goals and has that enery and buzz about his play. We certainly need something that is different, yesterday it was painfully apparent when Davidson and Suarez came on that they both played the same game and the 2 tall centre backs won everything in the air against them. 

As well as these I'd probably say Cotton and/or Kennedy have failed to make any sort of impact. For me it'll be a minimum of 2 of these up to a maximum of 4. Defence looks strong and the middle 3 of Camm/Church/Sleath is good. That's my 2p worth anyway.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
We,ve done the easy bit having told S&H who to discard , any idea who to replace them with?

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »
I feel sorry for players like Clarke, and Cotton, who like a couple of others appears to be viewd a bit expediently by the management when it comes to the 'who to drop' question.
Cant question his work rate, but as someone touched on a few posts ago, when confidence is low, especially for keepers and forwards and the pressure of not knowing if when and for how long you're going to be on the pitch as keepers ponder when to come and when to stay, so too do forwards when to shoot and when to take an extra touch , and they end up doing neither

I would be tempted to give the boy at least three games on the pitch, decide on who his partner will be and see what happens. Starting with the whipping  boys saturday, for surely whoever plays up front is going to gain some confidence when the ball hits the back of the net

For the future?

Without a doubt, pick two biggies and bring in a small one to play with one of them, or for that matter bring in two small ones. Two biggies as is clearly proven thus far, very rarely works, and it certainly doesn't for us at the moment