Author Topic: Quiet tonight  (Read 8206 times)

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
Quiet tonight
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Must have been a convincing win!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
Nothing to moan about.  Ill start newshams rubbish  :bunny

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
never ceases to amaze me,if wed lost 3-0 the site would be in meltdown!!!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:27:29 PM »
Maybe everyone is out celebrating?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
Den is magic!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
THATS the best I have seen MILNES and ROSS play if they keep it up we will be ok that's were I allways think were at our weekest m/field    still some work to do but I was a lot happier today.
 I got to mention TIMMS and NEWSHAM they were BRIL for sure

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »
Give us chance to get home, finish watching the late kick off on Sky and eat our meals, lol.

Full value for the victory in my opinion. Ref should have sent their striker off, but maybe it worked in our favour as it turned out, we often aren't good against 10, and the striker concerned did sod all after his booking.

Dominated possession, good football, and looked dangerous after half time. Timms had to make a couple of saves, but all in all a very satisfactory afternoons entertainment.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
Once we scored we could have had 5 or 6, I thought we were very comfortable all afternoon.

Shocking early challenge by the No 9 on Garner, the ref bottled the decision big time.........there's something wrong when a bloke gets the same punishment for a slightly mistimed tackle as an out and out assault like that........

MotM? Piergianni for me with Marshall not far behind.

And did anyone else notice the togetherness of the squad when we scored the first goal and they all ran to the bench.........that kind of spirit can't be bought, but it can get you a long way.

Better crowd too.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »
MOM has to be a toss up between Piergianni, Newsham and Milnes for me who were all exceptional today. Marshall, Miller, Galinski, Timms, Ross, Sansara all had good games today but not the best day at the office for SWD and Bore.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
MOM has to be a toss up between Piergianni, Newsham and Milnes for me who were all exceptional today. Marshall, Miller, Galinski, Timms, Ross, Sansara all had good games today but not the best day at the office for SWD and Bore.

Team sport, at this level they can't all be on it every game, as a unit they looked as good as Guiseley looked poor. 

Didn't need to be out of first gear today, most pleased about the set play that got the first.  Set plays opening up games are the thing that singles out those that are going places from those that can play but can't win it.  Under S'n'H we opened up most games with corners and freekicks when we were up against the wall.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
Absolutely chuffed to have beaten Guiseley so comprehensively. Without a doubt the number nine should have walked for the challenge on Garner but what was Garner doing running and screaming like a big girl and punching the back of the dugout just because of a smack in the gob which incidentally didn't appear to bring blood, subbed immediately why? Anyway at least it gave Gallinski a game and he didn't put a foot wrong.  This is a good a start to a season for a long while with a bunch of lads who really have built a team spirit which will take us a long way as pointed out by Andy. Lets hope the people of Boston are made aware and start boosting the attendances.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
Absolutely chuffed to have beaten Guiseley so comprehensively. Without a doubt the number nine should have walked for the challenge on Garner but what was Garner doing running and screaming like a big girl and punching the back of the dugout just because of a smack in the gob which incidentally didn't appear to bring blood, subbed immediately why? Anyway at least it gave Gallinski a game and he didn't put a foot wrong.  This is a good a start to a season for a long while with a bunch of lads who really have built a team spirit which will take us a long way as pointed out by Andy. Lets hope the people of Boston are made aware and start boosting the attendances.

You obviously didn't see the challenge oxo as it was a lot worse than 'a smack in the gob'. As for the blood issue pic.twitter.com/IS5DtmhyTY off the official twitter account shows what was obvious for all to see. A couple of players have also made comments on twitter that suggest Garner lost teeth! Garner's professionalism has been singled out a couple of times by respected figures like Craig Singleton quote "You get good pro's and bad pro's and Scott Garner is a good pro" unquote.

Don't think Garner deserves to be slated and will hopefully be back Tuesday.

The reaction of the players and fans after todays game was a real positive and should spur everyone on for an important spell of games before the FA CUP comes around and over the next three games the league table will start to take shape, off topic slightly but league leaders Brackley have only concede the one goal in seven games so far! At the other end of the table Gainsborough are still bottom despite a win courtesy of a massive GA column.

Fantastic performance from the lads today and great to beat a side who have being our undoing over previous seasons!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »
Garner had a mouthful of blood, I sit over the dugout and it wasn't a pretty sight.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
I think he almost got a broken jaw!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.