Author Topic: Quiet tonight  (Read 8234 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet tonight
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 10:50:20 PM »
OXO you should have a trip to Specsavers! Their number 9 should have been locked up for the violent assault!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »
I did say I thought the number nine should have been dismissed for the challenge and I do rate Garner very highly. Perhaps it is because I travel to watch my rugby league team every Sunday and see how the players react to knocks ie never show you have been hurt and get on with it. Still love Boston United and am thrilled with the start and the team spirit. Sorry if I offended anyone just get fed up with the histrionics of some football players eg, their No 9 in the second half caught one and was flat out for all of ten seconds before he remembered he should have been dismissed for the foul on Garner and jumped to his feet as fresh as a daisy. As always will be at every game home and away cheering on the Pilgrims.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
Hiccuup!  :o

???
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 11:08:33 PM »
I did say I thought the number nine should have been dismissed for the challenge and I do rate Garner very highly. Perhaps it is because I travel to watch my rugby league team every Sunday and see how the players react to knocks ie never show you have been hurt and get on with it. Still love Boston United and am thrilled with the start and the team spirit. Sorry if I offended anyone just get fed up with the histrionics of some football players eg, their No 9 in the second half caught one and was flat out for all of ten seconds before he remembered he should have been dismissed for the foul on Garner and jumped to his feet as fresh as a daisy. As always will be at every game home and away cheering on the Pilgrims.
Sounds like there was a battle at Sleaford Town oxo

Seenbetter

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
Man (sorry) Muppett in Black has had some stick. Quite right. What a fecking idiot. No 9 should have gone for doing a Sanders and all he got was a yellow. Later on in the game one of our guys got a yellow for a tackle that was just a cuddle in comparison. And Muppett in Black had the idea that as long as he kept smiling he was doing ok. What a plick.
Great effort by our team although I thought at half time we may be heading for a 0-0 because of the lack of chances. Anyway they came out and once we got that 66 minute goal it was all downhill. I'm pleased that "useless" player Newsham is on our side, a great goal scorer, missed a penalty the other week but made up for it immediately after with a blinder. Two goals yesterday, what a talent. Does a lot of work but that goes unnoticed if he doesn't score. Wish we had a home game every week, can't get enough of it at the moment. Well done to all the players and DG. 

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
I too, after a laboured first half was fearing a 0-0 but what a difference in the second half. Going forward we suddenly looked so much more dangerous with the long balls forward we were consistently using in the first half to little effect being replaced to balls to feet. The difference was huge wasn't it?
Newsham's quality shone through again with the his first, what a superb cushioned header it was. I don't wont to and am not getting carried away, but another victory Tuesday and we might have to up our forecasts for the season, a smashing result, and the biggest plus was the great togetherness the lads showed.
Breakfast made, NL paper read and everyone's happy ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:17:18 AM by B Grimes »

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »
Oh and on the MOM, I can see why the sponsors gave it to the skipper, but my choice would have actually been Galinski. Off the bench in unexpected circumstances and not having started this season, I though he was pretty much faultless