Author Topic: FA Youth Cup: Holwell Sports 0 Boston United 4  (Read 2066 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FA Youth Cup: Holwell Sports 0 Boston United 4
« on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
United were the best side from start to finish and the scoreline was a fair reflection. We had four different goalscorers, and the Holwell keeper was easily the busiest on the night.

Main talking point was United's second "goal", which was a long range free kick which clattered the underside of the crossbar and bounced down. I was probably the best placed in the ground to see it, and the ball was still in play by at least a foot. But Hawkeye hasn't yet reached Holwell and the linesman awarded us a goal! It was a decision that can only be described as embarassing, but it was unusual to get one of those decisions in our favour.

Holwell's goalkeeper was booked for dissent in the aftermath, but you had to feel sorry for him in the circumstances. That said, he was probably lucky not to get sent off for the way he continued having a go at the officials even after the ref had shown him the yellow card.

Good entertaining game. One downside came from a bedroom window of one of the terraced houses on a neighbouring street, from where someone kept shining a laser pen across the pitch throughout the second half! It's amazing how annoying that can become and how much of a distraction it is when you're trying to watch a game. Hopefully somebody from Holwell will knock on the door of the address concerned and teach the idiot a lesson.

Onwards and upwards. All we need now is for the first team to negotiate an away cup tie!

chris b

• View Profile
Re: FA Youth Cup: Holwell Sports 0 Boston United 4
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:35 PM »
Can't say I noticed the laser pen - presumably that's what the ref and linesman were chatting about during the second half.

Always good value in the youth cup. £3 for a decent night's entertainment and tea in a proper mug. Home by ten for the two Nottingham pilgrims in attendance.

I believe it's Lincoln City at home in the next round?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA Youth Cup: Holwell Sports 0 Boston United 4
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »
Good game. Well... I say game, it wasn't really much of a contest in all honesty. Holwell couldn't have complained had it ended 8-0. I didn't spot the laser pen; something did catch my eye at one point but can't say for sure it was that. Either way, the idiot needs dealing with.

Impressed with our number 7, some deft touches and smart movement. Overall the kids passed the ball very well and were far superior in every way.

Cracking cuppa they do there though!