Author Topic: Chris cooks programme notes  (Read 14356 times)

The Chief

Re: Chris cooks programme notes
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »
There should be an initiative to get the migrant population of the town involved with the Club. When you consider the number of Foreign Nationals in the town and then look how many come through the gates at York Street its almost nil. This needs exploring and there are ways to do this it just needs the right people to sit down and work out how. I meet many Foreign Nationals every day and many are football mad. It seems difficult to believe we could not get at least some of these people through the gates.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
They did mention having local primary school football teams play during the half time break,not sure if they got enough feedback on the idea though....

Middlesbrough use to do that at Ayresome Park (so that gives you an idea of how long ago it was). My team reached the finals twice (and lost twice).
Great for the kids, families often came along to watch as well. Lots of abuse from the crowd (25,000+) if you were from a posh school, thankfully I didn't
teach at a posh school.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
There should be an initiative to get the migrant population of the town involved with the Club. When you consider the number of Foreign Nationals in the town and then look how many come through the gates at York Street its almost nil. This needs exploring and there are ways to do this it just needs the right people to sit down and work out how. I meet many Foreign Nationals every day and many are football mad. It seems difficult to believe we could not get at least some of these people through the gates.

Maybe print the posters that are being handed out in several languages? They may also understand English but would also show that they are welcome?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
If the posters were printed in Latvian/Lithuanian/Russian/Estonian and given to the establishments where they eat/drink/shop etc that might have slightly more impact.

I still think you being optimistic though, its not like the club is tucked away, everyone knows where it is, its no secret......I get the feeling if they were that bothered they'd have made the effort by now.

Mind you, there were a few migrants kids taking part on the BUFC stand at the Community event in the park today.........the assistant manager looked like he'd a tough job on with some of the mums!!!!!

fenside pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
I think we should be using Stefan Galinski on the poster for eastern europeans as he played for poland under 21 team have them done in polish i bet that would get get some through the gates. I bet not many of them know he playing here. :dan

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 08:38:41 PM »

Maybe print the posters that are being handed out in several languages? They may also understand English but would also show that they are welcome?

This looks like a good idea. The ones I've met love their football, Premiership mainly, but you never know they might get interested in their local club  8)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 06:25:17 AM »
One of the main problems is that home games seem to get "bunched" together, and supporters then have to pick and choose which ones they can afford to attend. The league themselves could do more to help clubs in this respect, but the clubs perhaps need to get the point across via the annual general meetings. Take for example late September into early October. Our fixture list shows:

Tuesday September 24th - BRADFORD PARK AVENUE (HOME)
Saturday September 28th - FA CUP
Saturday October 5th - BARROW (HOME)
Saturday October 12th - Gainsborough Trinity (Away), (or FA CUP)
Saturday October 19th - HARROGATE TOWN (HOME)
Saturday October 26th - ALTRINCHAM (HOME), (or FA CUP)

Depending on the FA Cup, it is entirely feasible that we could have six home games in a row. If that happened, could everyone afford to go to them all? This is bad planning by the fixture authorities, who ought to alternate home-away-home-away in the weeks around Cup and Trophy commitments.

Maybe in the circumstances there needs to be an incentive to attend all of the games (collect coupons from the turnstyles to get the last one at a reduced rate, or something along those lines). But that would again hit club revenue and might get the backs up of some season ticket holders who have paid in advance.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
There should be more flexibility in the planning. When runs like the one shown above come up the clubs need to have the means to move them more easily.

Thing is you need to get both, well all three including the league, to agree so makes it a tough job.  Plus then if you start moving things with less notice what about those who have booked time off or advanced travel (players and fans) - every year fixtures are a mess. 

I still find it laughable that a few years back we had to start later than everyone else because we could not switch a fixture and play three in a row at home as that was an 'unfair advantage'!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »
I think we should be using Stefan Galinski on the poster for eastern europeans as he played for poland under 21 team have them done in polish i bet that would get get some through the gates. I bet not many of them know he playing here. :dan
IS that him in the reserves tonight,, if he gets on for any  lenth of time it will be an improvement of late.