Author Topic: Chris cooks programme notes  (Read 14382 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chris cooks programme notesq
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »
No offence taken oxo. The point I'm trying to make is that I firmly believe with the new stadium plans in progress and the hard work newton and co are putting in that this club can have a sustainable future at the top of the non league game but they can not do it alone and us supporters have a massive part to play fundraising and volunteering for our club. Together we can achieve so much more and make a bright future for bufc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:13:14 PM by Shauneyg »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chris cooks programme notes
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
I'd back you all the way shauney. I'd be more than happy to hand out leaflets or whatever was necessary to boost the club

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »
I think we all need to do our bit to help and if cookie could let us know anyway we can help out that would help.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
Just a small point though.

The club has full time staff all over the place, why can't they take the initiative and get off their backsides and do this?

What about the youth teams getting out and about on Saturday mornings?

Why should the fans carry the burden? We already pay top whack admission prices!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »
Steady on N40 youve been on good boys list so far this season ;)Watch out for MLF return!!!

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
Been taking notice and thank you to all for suggestions. Hope to announce a fund raising meeting in the next few days for those who may be interested ...in the meantime new fluorescent matchday posters are now available for the upcoming games.

If anyone can put one or two up somewhere visible it would be appreciated. Call at Chris Cook Print in Main Ridge East to collect yours today!

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »
Yes great idea with fundraising meeting and hope we can help do our bit for the club. Hopefully plenty of people will take up the posters and get the word around about home games.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 06:04:58 PM »
Cookie,any chance of sending some with Craig for him to drop off at mine please... Living in Sleaford so only get across on matchday afternoons when you are closed,can think of a few places in town where I can display them :)

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:26 AM »
A rallying call from Chris Cook is all well and good. Fans who read his thoughts are the ones forking out for the club e.g. programme and match ticket. It can be a fine line between a rallying call and having a go at the ones who already financially support the club.

Posters have been mentioned for years, so good to see the club finally getting around to getting them printed and now there is the job of getting them out there.
I believe the club sponsors do some promotion work with BUFC, perhaps this could be extended.

Do the club have a schools programme? Has the club looked at the often mentioned immigrant population as a new source of support?

The club does have full time staff - unlike many clubs at this level - to implement some of these ideas. Some of whom are busy than others........
These staff can be supplemented with volunteers for sure - but specifics need to be in place. Not just 'come and help the club'.
Hopefully a fund raising committee may do just that.

fabjules

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »
I'm sure it has already been thought of but for a new ground one of the usual fundraising schemes is to buy a brick as below:

http://www.engravebricks.co.uk/index.htm

I'm not sure how many people would buy one but it could make some extra funds.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »

Do the club have a schools programme? Has the club looked at the often mentioned immigrant population as a new source of support?

Do the club have a schools programme?
probably one of the best from League two down
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/a/united-in-the-community-28948.html
They will be in Central Park this SUNDAY

Has the club looked at the often mentioned immigrant population as a new source of support?
Our Polish cousins are not too fussed by football. Their favourite sports are Volley ball and Speedway (apart from carp fishing of course :) )

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »

Do the club have a schools programme?
probably one of the best from League two down
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/a/united-in-the-community-28948.html
They will be in Central Park this SUNDAY

Has the club looked at the often mentioned immigrant population as a new source of support?

Our Polish cousins are not too fussed by football. Their favourite sports are Volley ball and Speedway (apart from carp fishing of course :) )

Am aware of the club's community programme but have never seen a group of children from a local school at a match for example .... catch 'em young etc.
How about hosting them for the afternoon?

Poland as a country is football mad ..... qualifying for most major tournaments (though rarely doing very well) and many of the German team are ethic Poles!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:12:09 PM by dubai camel »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »
They did mention having local primary school football teams play during the half time break,not sure if they got enough feedback on the idea though....

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 10:34:14 PM »
open another foreign supermarket in the car park and offer 25% discount on match day tickets, there is a big car park for them to stagger out of their cars and will not cause chaos on the other streets that have loads of these supermarkets.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 11:14:41 PM »
They did mention having local primary school football teams play during the half time break,not sure if they got enough feedback on the idea though....
penalty shoot out would be better!