Author Topic: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread  (Read 34735 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
The blame will alwys be on the one who decided to stand in front of the bufc fans facing away from the feild of play.

This is were the fa say the fan as stepped from banter(even as silly as it got) to trying to provoke fans. out of 1100 fans only one started, then about 15 joined him but if it wasnt for that one fan it wouldnt have happened.

I enjoyed the company of many of your fans on sat, but idiots like that will let your image down.

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
What a fabulous place to visit.  I was met only with politeness and hospitality.  Really enjoyed being able to get a pint before, during and at the end of the game (just before they closed the bar due to the big fellah in the blue shirt).  I went along on a jolly and had a great day well all bar the football  ;)

blue2

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
The blame will alwys be on the one who decided to stand in front of the bufc fans facing away from the feild of play.

This is were the fa say the fan as stepped from banter(even as silly as it got) to trying to provoke fans. out of 1100 fans only one started, then about 15 joined him but if it wasnt for that one fan it wouldnt have happened.

I enjoyed the company of many of your fans on sat, but idiots like that will let your image down.

As a Lowestoft fan I totally agree with you and while I love a bit of banter between fans (as it creates atmosphere), it did lead to insults and aggressive behaviour. I was pleased to see action taken to remove the idiots from the ground as it all calmed down again. I think all fans involved showed restraint as it could so easily have turned nasty.
Most Lowestoft fans are thoroughly enjoying our recent success and would not want to see the clubs reputation damaged by a handful of mindless t***s.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »
Honest question, have you ever had the need to segregate, and is it possible at your ground? If it weren't for our poor form I'm sure more would have travelled and who knows what we could have been discussing on here.  What would the club be able to do if say FCUM came out of the hat instead of Sutton?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

blue2

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 04:59:58 PM »
Honest question, have you ever had the need to segregate, and is it possible at your ground? If it weren't for our poor form I'm sure more would have travelled and who knows what we could have been discussing on here.  What would the club be able to do if say FCUM came out of the hat instead of Sutton?

Segregation is not usually necessary but it became apparent on Saturday that this should probably have been done. Having said that, it was really only a couple of fans (the toothless wonder as some are calling him) who were trying to provoke. I am pleased to say that the majority of fans on both sides, and in the vicinity of the incidents, saw common sense and did not allow things to deteriorate. While I do not think that the fan in question will be, or should be, banned from Lowestoft games, I do think that any club at any level should make it clear that this type of behaviour is totally unacceptable and, as it could be costly to the club, could lead to a ban. As I said before, I think good humoured banter makes a game, but when it becomes insulting and provocative it is a step too far.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:20:14 PM by blue2 »

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »
told you bob. We've now been told to get a grip. For me we've improved defensively. last season stats didn't really show that we looked like conceding from every attack. This season that isn't the case and we do look much better at the back. But seriously in the last two home games did we actually look like we would score. We could be playing now still and not of  scored. did we score today. That is a constructive view, so I'll kindly tell wear you can stick you 'get a grip' for my opinion. I was proved right about the abuse though wasn't i. If you don't conform to the 'boston walk on air approach' expect abuse. I wanted us to win so much today but you could see this a mile away. If we don't score early v durham was us struggle to break them down.

I don't know how you'll cope with such vile abuse... Err, seriously for a moment, how can our season possibly be over now? Did you have us down to cruise into mid table in the league, but win the FA Cup?

Looks like the most experienced player was to blame for goal ,

The need for experiences/youth is a complete illusion. Teams need good players. End of story.

not been on since the weekend. Where did I say our season is over?  ::)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »
Honest question, have you ever had the need to segregate, and is it possible at your ground? If it weren't for our poor form I'm sure more would have travelled and who knows what we could have been discussing on here.  What would the club be able to do if say FCUM came out of the hat instead of Sutton?

Segregation is not usually necessary but it became apparent on Saturday that this should probably have been done. Having said that, it was really only a couple of fans (the toothless wonder as some are calling him) who were trying to provoke. I am pleased to say that the majority of fans on both sides, and in the vicinity of the incidents, saw common sense and did not allow things to deteriorate. While I do not think that the fan in question will be, or should be, banned from Lowestoft games, I do think that any club at any level should make it clear that this type of behaviour is totally unacceptable and, as it could be costly to the club, could lead to a ban. As I said before, I think good humoured banter makes a game, but when it becomes insulting and provocative it is a step too far.

Have you ever had the need to segregate and how is it possible, just a thought we had at the game while trying to ignore the wind whistling through someones teeth.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

blue2

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »

[/quote]
Have you ever had the need to segregate and how is it possible, just a thought we had at the game while trying to ignore the wind whistling through someones teeth.
[/quote]

I have no recent experience of how they would go about segregating fans, but a colleague of mine has said that we have not segregated since 1978. Apparently (and I can't remember) we had a turnstile at the other end of the ground in those days so could keep them penned in. Problem we have now is that all fans would go through the one turnstile area. But I do not think we are considering the need for this at the moment and it would be a shame if the stupid behaviour of the 'handful' caused further problems like this in the future. I suppose it is one of the prices to pay as the club becomes more successful.
This is my last post on this forum - it has been fun having my say and thanks for being so welcoming.
I wish Boston well for the rest of the seaon.

Bartmac

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »
Thanks Blue, and hope The Trawlermen progrees further in the Cup. G'byeeee ;D