Author Topic: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread  (Read 34695 times)

Bob Lee

Re: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
1-0 >:(

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
season over all ready >:(

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »
careful bob. eventhough (if the result stands)you'll be right expect abuse for saying it how it is. 

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »
Tinted rose glasses ( in any order ) sorry but we are light weight.  I hope things change for the better.  Come on Boston.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 05:03:45 PM »
Presumably game over and we lost? The live feed seems to have forgotten to mention full time.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Bit of a pig to be out the Cup this early, but seriously, season over with us three points off the play-offs, playing whipping boys and 17th place in our next two fixtures? Get a grip!

Anyway, I think we're about one more loss away from the first person giving it the high and mighty "I always knew these were the wrong appointments" rubbish.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:09:53 PM by Adam Hildred »

Bartmac

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
lost 1 0 to a lower league team AGAIN! how many more times is this going to happen to us in the Cup?  Time for the managers to have a re-think on the personnel we've got.

Shodfried

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
Terrible result but totally expected because we're too lightweight and too inexperienced.

Nothing short of a disaster financially, I wonder now if Dave Newton is questioning the wisdom of appointing 2 managers with 2 wages who seem unable to sign anything other than kids with no experience and what looks like no appetite for the battle?

Out of the FA Cup in September.......shameful for a club with our full time off the field set up, how will they explain this one away?

Thankfully  the leagues wide open but I don't know if these two have the guts to make the experienced signings the team is crying out for........come on, surprise us all and look beyond youth for once.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »
Looks like the most experienced player was to blame for goal ,

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »
told you bob. We've now been told to get a grip. For me we've improved defensively. last season stats didn't really show that we looked like conceding from every attack. This season that isn't the case and we do look much better at the back. But seriously in the last two home games did we actually look like we would score. We could be playing now still and not of  scored. did we score today. That is a constructive view, so I'll kindly tell wear you can stick you 'get a grip' for my opinion. I was proved right about the abuse though wasn't i. If you don't conform to the 'boston walk on air approach' expect abuse. I wanted us to win so much today but you could see this a mile away. If we don't score early v durham was us struggle to break them down.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
We ended up with 10 me too, Cully got a red!  :o

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bob Lee

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »
You get a grip Adam!  We are out of the cup we are broke and we have kids.  We needed a good cup run to pay for wages for better than we have.  This is not picking on the team but facts..  Adam wake up and smell the coffee >:(

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
We ended up with 10 me too, Cully got a red!  :o

check the grassy knoll

what was he sent off for?

Seenbetter

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »
Bound to happen, not the result but change of tone on here. Attention will now go away from the players and head towards the managers.  I will still be at the next home game supporting the side and I will not slag off the managers because that can do more harm than good. I do think they will look inwards and try and do something about the goal drought. I know things don,t look good at the moment but it's still early days and we were never going to win the cup anyway but the cash would have helped. I hope an answer is found otherwise the gate receipts will seriously suffer.
I will keep going because I do expect a turnaround.
Remember - the club nearly folded last seaon.
Im sure we are all guilty of thinking the managers were supermen when they started and expected immediate success. Hang in there and try not to be too harsh even though you may be reall *issed off. One question I will ask is, where are the goals going to come from.