Author Topic: Shambolic win  (Read 13464 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shambolic win
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
3 points against a poor side,   last season we were getting nothing against the lower teams.
for once I must say our m/field were a little better than theres.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »
I seem to remember the home game last year v Worcester.......we dominated long periods of the game, had numerous chances and went into the last 5 at 1-1.

Then we either hit the woodwork, the keeper made a save or something of that ilk and they went straight up the other end and nicked an 86th minute winner.

So, at the risk of being a happy clapper I'll take today's game every day of the week if it means 3 points for us.

Soooo... funny  ;) a happy clapper!!   8)

Another one to join us happy Eagle clappers on a Saturday night ?   8)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
Not a chance.

But I'm glad we have a few players who actually look interested and bothered when we let a goal in, it makes the dog days of Jason Lee and the 'couldn't care less' attitude about the place seem a long way off. Its nothing like the S&H approach where even conceding affronted them and the players, but its a start on the long road back to semi respectability.

Shame the team don't get better support but its very easy to lose support, its a big job to win them back though. A decent FA Cup run would help a lot though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
Not a chance.

But I'm glad we have a few players who actually look interested and bothered when we let a goal in, it makes the dog days of Jason Lee and the 'couldn't care less' attitude about the place seem a long way off. Its nothing like the S&H approach where even conceding affronted them and the players, but its a start on the long road back to semi respectability.

Shame the team don't get better support but its very easy to lose support, its a big job to win them back though. A decent FA Cup run would help a lot though.

Relief to know I will not have to be buying an extra pint  :)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
Although I couldn't attend the game, from reading some of the replies on here about a "shambolic win", and trying to defend a lead, if anyone watched them can I point them towards the Liverpool and Arsenal games, both scored early and defended to the end, I don't remember their managers defending their tactics.  A win is a win in anyones  language!

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »
The whole topic started by the idiot (or WUM) who wants to ditch Newsham.

Still, as Newsh missed a pen, he'd probably wants his contract terminating. 

Boo, Bloody rubbish win.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 03:27:02 PM »
Everybody should take this post as a joke.Atleast it livens the forum up.Top class wind up Chelsea are you David Moyes is disguise?

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »
Hey folks you dont have to play pretty to get 3 points, "A win is a Win"

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
Not a chance.

Whats wrong with the Eagle?    8)

Come on down, chat with some real folk!    ;)

Real beer - real people.  :dan
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 05:01:56 PM by Myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
There's more chance of finding Lord Lucan sitting on Elvis' knee than there is of finding any of you lot in there....... ;)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »
I had a couple of pints of Betty Stoggs' Cornish Knocker in there the other day...the finest knockers in West Street  :dan

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
There's more chance of finding Lord Lucan sitting on Elvis' knee than there is of finding any of you lot in there....... ;)

Well...... maybe sometimes out of town!!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
I had a couple of pints of Betty Stoggs' Cornish Knocker in there the other day...the finest knockers in West Street  :dan
what about Cornish Blonde!Enjoyed the Skinners a few weeks back in St Ives Ed Kandi!