Author Topic: Shambolic win  (Read 13480 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Shambolic win
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
Value for money entertainment is what i would like not 90 mins of hoof ball upto 3 dwarfs. if we must play that way at least have a big target

You've been watching to much telly fella, you want to get out a bit more and live in the real world. Most clubs at our level will have days like we did today and most of them would have lost we didn't . As for entertainment you pay your money you take your chance, if you don't  like it stick with your sky package.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »
Well said

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
Great 3 points today that the sort of game we would have lost in previous seasons

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
Great 3 points today that the sort of game we would have lost in previous seasons

I did not go due to work commitments but manage to get radio throu net on phone and blue tooth it.

Have to say from listening id have to agree to your comment

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
Miller worked hard for 90 mins  8)
I enjoyed every minute of that, typical BUFC game and one that we would have drawn or lost last season  :dan

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »
im sorry but 'chelsea' you are deluded! These are the type of 3 points that will make the difference come April, when we dont play very well but come away with all 3 points! Personally i thought first half we looked very threatening and could perhaps scored more but one lapse in defence let them back into it, so second half they had it all to fight for but we dug in and ground out the result thats all that matters

Pilgrims007

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »
im sorry but 'chelsea' you are deluded! These are the type of 3 points that will make the difference come April, when we dont play very well but come away with all 3 points! Personally i thought first half we looked very threatening and could perhaps scored more but one lapse in defence let them back into it, so second half they had it all to fight for but we dug in and ground out the result thats all that matters
Well said my friend 'Chelsea' is living in the clouds

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:32 PM »
I seem to remember the home game last year v Worcester.......we dominated long periods of the game, had numerous chances and went into the last 5 at 1-1.

Then we either hit the woodwork, the keeper made a save or something of that ilk and they went straight up the other end and nicked an 86th minute winner.

So, at the risk of being a happy clapper I'll take today's game every day of the week if it means 3 points for us.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Personally I thought we played very well first half and were unlucky not to go in a goal or two up with their only chance being the goal Bore handed to them on a plate. The ref handled the penalty situation poorly with their players showing very poor sportsmanship especially their No10 who kicked the ball off the penalty spot and should have been booked giving Newsham a minute to compose himself (who has a decent record from the spot.) Second half we started as we finished the first creating good chances and the scoring a good team goal. After we went in front we defended poorly and road our luck without conceding too many clear chances.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »
Personally I thought we played very well first half and were unlucky not to go in a goal or two up with their only chance being the goal Bore handed to them on a plate. The ref handled the penalty situation poorly with their players showing very poor sportsmanship especially their No10 who kicked the ball off the penalty spot and should have been booked giving Newsham a minute to compose himself (who has a decent record from the spot.) Second half we started as we finished the first creating good chances and the scoring a good team goal. After we went in front we defended poorly and road our luck without conceding too many clear chances.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
Teams that can win ugly , go onto success.  And that is what we did today.  Only gripe i have with todays game was the hoof ball game when we have the players to play good football on the deck. I disagree with the comment about our keeper. He directed the back line superb to keep them on their toes as best as he could during shaky times and once again his kicking was awesome.  Would some on here prefer Haystead back ?!! 

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
Teams that can win ugly , go onto success.  And that is what we did today.  Only gripe i have with todays game was the hoof ball game when we have the players to play good football on the deck. I disagree with the comment about our keeper. He directed the back line superb to keep them on their toes as best as he could during shaky times and once again his kicking was awesome.  Would some on here prefer Haystead back ?!!

I was stood in Spain Road terrace,when we were hoofing it early in 1st half all you could hear was "get it on floor too feet",this we then did and were getting closed down very quickly,then the same ones who asked for it to be too feet began shouting hit it long... .. Also makes me laugh when we have possession and pass it back either from forwards to midfield or midfield to defence (keeping possession) they all shout get it forward,mmmmmm they would if there was a way through but it blocked,would you continue driving your car forwards if you were heading towards a brick wall???

Yeah it was ugly today,but every season on MOTD the pundits say "if you win whilst playing badly then that is the sign of champions.... As others have said,we got 3 points and that's all that matters..... Ref was shocking,the player leaving the pitch as Newsh was waiting to take penalty should have been made to get off quicker,player who kicked ball off spot should have seen a yellow card... When they kicked off after our goal Milnes was still inside the centre circle..... Their number 9 should have been cautioned for diving,and number 6,everytime the ball was up to Miller he would look around and see he was in danger and go to ground,one winning the free kick(s) he would be grinning like a cheshire cat... Oh,and it was a penalty late in second half when he shoved Miller to the floor but the officials were blind to that one too...

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
I seem to remember the home game last year v Worcester.......we dominated long periods of the game, had numerous chances and went into the last 5 at 1-1.

Then we either hit the woodwork, the keeper made a save or something of that ilk and they went straight up the other end and nicked an 86th minute winner.

So, at the risk of being a happy clapper I'll take today's game every day of the week if it means 3 points for us.

Soooo... funny  ;) a happy clapper!!   8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »
Not at all........but a win is a win.

Missed the hospitality experience this week..........

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »
Might not have been overly fluent or convincing, but for any neutral watching, is was certainly an entertaining and incident packed game and am sorry three points even if not thoroughly deserved is still three points, so where's the problem. I don't know why or how anyone can really complain at that, especially our friend Chelsea who seemingly never stops moaning about everything. Jesus, ten points from fifteen is surely a really decent return isn't it , did anyone honestly expect much better than that

That said, I would like to see more players bursting a gut to get forward, especially through the middle, as too many times our front three if you could really describe them as a 'three' found themselves somewhat isolated, especially when chasing another missile from Timms.

It's still really early days, and yes tweaking needs to happen if they are to become more consistent, but at least we have something positive to work on, not least those three points, and when not being at our best surely that's the biggest positive of the lot isn't it?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:47:52 AM by B Grimes »