Author Topic: Where would you strengthen?  (Read 3888 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Where would you strengthen?
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »
With Mils now (hopefully) on 'Lynn's wage should Dennis Greene strengthen the squad? 1-11 we look very strong and Greene may chose to save the money until we get injuries e.g we have no natural cover if Sansara got injured. Many (including myself) would have liked to have seen a holding midfielder bought in during the summer but I no longer feel that this is needed as Marshall has excelled beyond all expectations in this position, which may discount Indy.

Personally I think we should go out and get the best target man we can for the money available, against Feriby we needed to change and add some muscle up front and the only answer we had was to put a defender up front which isn't the answer. Weir Daley has picked up injuries in the past and plenty of attacking options from the bench could make the difference when needed.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you strengthen?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »
Fully understand where your coming from but as I stated on here the other day the manager has made it known he just cannot afford a £300 a week striker to sit on the bench to provide an option if needed, and lets face it if we employ a big striker playing regularly we will be prone to playing a long ball game which we really don't want to see every week. It is very true we have no real threat on the bench at present so as I have mentioned before perhaps a good utility player would fit the bill.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
I think Weir-Daley in particular would benefit more from having a target man to work with. Don't let's forget, when we were on our promotion journey to the football league, we utilised target men on a regular basis and no-one seemed to mind too much about the attractiveness of the football played. I agree with Carl, I don't have much faith in our alternative game plan.

DL

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »
WE have a complete new back line wich I am fine with. we have 3 very good strikers. wich I am fine with
we need a complete new m/field that's were I am not happy.(FOR SURE)

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
Fans have been saying we need an experienced strong target man for plan B, and a strong ball winning midfielder and I agree a lot with that. However we do now have Marshall, and I do feel we need to get a target man. I also think that we need to get an out and out winger, preferably a left winger. I've noticed the winger situation has gone quiet recently and I think we need a winger that will just run at full backs and constantly get crosses into the box, and they can be brought on to change a game. Ricky Miller is great at running at the defence but I think we do need a creater. So for me it would have to be a target man or a winger.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
Fans have been saying we need an experienced strong target man for plan B, and a strong ball winning midfielder and I agree a lot with that. However we do now have Marshall, and I do feel we need to get a target man. I also think that we need to get an out and out winger, preferably a left winger. I've noticed the winger situation has gone quiet recently and I think we need a winger that will just run at full backs and constantly get crosses into the box, and they can be brought on to change a game. Ricky Miller is great at running at the defence but I think we do need a creater. So for me it would have to be a target man or a winger.

The way DG prefers to play his football suggests there's little logic in getting in a winger, in his preferred 4-5-1 system or the preferred choice of a lot of people 3-5-2, he has never used a winger. But you are so right about a 'creator'. Marshall has been superb in his new position and Ross okay, but we clearly need someone playing through the middle and sat in front of those two who can play the simple but so effective balls through the oppo back four for the front three to hopefully then run on to.
Because its become evident that we simply can't afford a new 'target' style front man, ( who by definition is not really there to create so much, but more to hold the all up and bring others into the game) getting a such player in who will feed our three quality forwards is a must and hopefully if doing so it will also to a large degree stop the long punt forward

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
Indy could solve that problem if fit and if can find the funds

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
when they break past m/field theres only MILNES will and can catch them (on a 433 line up) m/field a big ploblem last season and will be this season as we go on that's for sure. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »
Maybe we need an Ellender, who can play in defence, midfield or attack!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/