Author Topic: North ferriby vs Boston  (Read 12537 times)

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
Re: North ferriby vs Boston
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »
They were bigger, stronger and had the guile needed to stop teams playing.  Everytime we started to build anything they kicked it out, slowed it down or broke it up, it wasn't that we didn't turn up, they pretty much kicked us back onto the bus and would probably have kicked the bus as it left if allowed.

Add into that, two/three strikers who know where the goal is and have the pay packet to match then you've got the recipe for getting out of this division.

We were beaten by the better team today, we needed to be on top of our game, they didn't let us, no complaints. 

We'll still be here when they go pop and Yates moves on with the others to their next pay packet project.

Too right, I know which club will still be here in 5 years time.......even though they lost today.

I struggle to put into words my dislike for Yates, a true mercenary who's true colours really came to the fore as the 1st to jump the sinking Grimity ship for the latest here today, gone tomorrow project.

I think you will find most ,if not all footballers today are greedy mercenaries not just Jamie Yates.

He left us now the dosh has dried up..so what,I dont dislike the guy for that,he's just looking after number 1 that's all, and if you think any of the present  BUFC squad would stay loyal to your club if the sniff of bigger money came along then you're going to dislike a whole lot of footballers.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »
Agree with most of the earlier comments. Just really disappointing and I didn't see it coming at all. Just hoofed it and it played straight to their hands. Fair play they played thgeir gameplan well but it was poor to see players not realize our tactic wasn't working and try to pass the ball, though to be fair, they put good pressure on the ball and made it hard for us, but we should do much better than that.
No-one gave Timms a short option, dso he had to go long and they were quick to kill any rhythm in the game.

Just very frustrating all round. Hopefully the crowd on Saturday isn't too bad

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
Disappointed with the performance from the lads today but 4 games played and 7pts gained is a decent start to the season. A win against Worcester next saturday will put a smile on all of our faces again.

From the start today we played the long ball game to our little strikers. We must learn to keep the ball on the deck, play it wide like we have done in our last two home matches. It is so much more effective. Playing Garner up front for most of the second half was an eye opener which probably goes to show we havent got a PLAN B  with the players we have on the bench. Our small budget says it all i suppose.

Cannot really fault anyone today. Just wasnt to be our day. We did look lethargic and tired though so hopefully on saturday we will be refreshed and raring to go again.

Full marks once again to the 250-300 or so travelling Pilgrims supporters.

PS... You may not agree with this but Jamie Yates had a decent spell here at Boston United and we do miss a tricky winger with his ability.

#UTP

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »
I think if anything here, dennis greene has got to hold his hands up and come out and say he got his tactics wrong, newsham and weir daley were too far wide to even try and get any support to miller, and all miller got was long balls punted his way for the majority of the game against to be fair two very good centre backs in the air. I thought we would come out second half and start to play football after watching lump ball all first half but no the game didnt change and we never really created one chance, just played into their game plan perfectly.

But i think if you had looked at our games and said from the first 4 games we would have 7 points, everybody would be thrilled! Can only move on today and get another good result saturday and get back into gear.

In all honesty i didnt think much of ferriby either, their midfield is poor bar yatesy. Two/three very good strikers and a good back line who are looking too hoof the ball up, hope for a half chance or a set piece for yatesy, who to be fair can deliver a great set piece. All credit goes to them in getting nathan jarman, he does look a class player, showed it last season at chester and will score a lot of goals for ferriby as well this season.

Roll on saturday!!!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »
I know when the fixtures first came out I said I couldn't see where the 1st points would come from before we played Worcester, so to have 7 out of 12 can't be faulted.

We've now got a run of fixtures up until the end of September where I'd hope we'd be able to collect around a dozen more points, if we can get to the FA Cup break with around 20 points on the board thats a very satisfactory start.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
A few shots to help identify the players:

Ashley Timms

Peter Bore

Netan Sansara

Scott Garner

Conor Marshall

Carl Piergianni

Ian Ross

Ben Milnes

Ricky Miller

Marc Newsham

Spencer Weir-Daley

Stefan Galinski

Ben Fairclough

Charley Sanders

The Pride of Lincolnshire

The Bench

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
A few shots to help identify the players:

Peter Bore

I can see were Ferriby are getting their money from now with Beckham supporting them.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »
We all know from the last few seasons how competitive this leagues is and nothing has happened this season to suggest it is going to change.
It was clear after 15 minutes how Ferriby were going to play and particularly at the back, yesterday was one of those games where we simply had no answer to it. We had little possession, created next to nothing and continually cleared our lines with both height and distance. The break should have given us time to change things, to tweak the formation, but we didn't and we wee made to pay for it.
As it will be all season though, it's obviously how we respond to such performances, we have too many good and experienced players to be too concerned. It was certainly a bad day at the office, and we all know about them, but having a bad day doesn't mean you cant do your job or even get a promotion and if we pick up three points Saturday we will all be up beat again, as everyone at the club would have surely settled for 10 points from fifteen?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »
Oh, and now we can at least all work out why they have such a great pitch, they never play any football on it?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
He left us now the dosh has dried up..so what,I dont dislike the guy for that,he's just looking after number 1 that's all, and if you think any of the present  BUFC squad would stay loyal to your club if the sniff of bigger money came along then you're going to dislike a whole lot of footballers.
But don't tar them all with the same brush.  I know at least one of our best players has turned down offers of more money elsewhere to stay at Boston.  There is still some loyalty out there, but to be fair, how many people can afford to ignore a job offer if it pays significantly more than you're earning at the moment? 

N40s - if you hate Jamie Yates, what about Nathan Stainfield, selling out his career by moving down the leagues to earn more money when he had the chance to become a better player here by learning from the experienced defenders we brought in over the summer?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
But don't tar them all with the same brush.  I know at least one of our best players has turned down offers of more money elsewhere to stay at Boston.  There is still some loyalty out there, but to be fair, how many people can afford to ignore a job offer if it pays significantly more than you're earning at the moment? 

N40s - if you hate Jamie Yates, what about Nathan Stainfield, selling out his career by moving down the leagues to earn more money when he had the chance to become a better player here by learning from the experienced defenders we brought in over the summer?

Personaly, I've no problem with players who follow the money.  Its not what I'd do in their position, but Its their perogative.  What does annoy me is when they give all the flannel to the local press about being loyal, not leaving for more cash etc, and then go and do just that!  Or if once a player joins a team that plays in front of 11 fans and a dog, and then says they were attracted by the reputation of the club etc.  Just be honest!  Most people would accept a player moving on for a bigger, more succesful club.  Most people would also accept/understand your pay packet being doubled as an acceptable reason.  Its the dishonesty that I hate.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
I know when the fixtures first came out I said I couldn't see where the 1st points would come from before we played Worcester, so to have 7 out of 12 can't be faulted.

We've now got a run of fixtures up until the end of September where I'd hope we'd be able to collect around a dozen more points, if we can get to the FA Cup break with around 20 points on the board thats a very satisfactory start.

Welcome to the "happy clappers" Andy ,  What next ? Your mate KON refusing freebies ?

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
[

[/quote]GREENE never wanted STAINFIELD or WARD they would have learned nothing with boston ( good luck to them)
sure he offerd them a deel but one they could only refuse we move on.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »

Stainsfield was surplus to requirements, it was made clear to him and Tom Ward they'd not be a 1st choice.

And in fairness to NS he made no bones about getting more at Spalding, if lads can get more elsewhere thats fine, its obvious playing for the biggest and best 'traditional' non league club in the area isn't the attraction it once was.

But we all know Yates gave it the bullshit about 'footballing reasons' when we all knew the greedy bastard went for the money, thats why he gets a rough ride.

Plus I never personally rated him, too often he went missing for us, for all the abuse Mark Jones got at least he always did his best in a BUFC shirt, Yates can't say the same.