Author Topic: what a goal!  (Read 7758 times)

Seenbetter

Re: what a goal!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
This may seem a strange thing to say but even if we had lost I would not have been too upset because that performance last night was the best for a few seasons now. I have heard so much about how good Telford are that I went expecting to see them win but we gave as good as we got. Can DG do something about the height of the bar, needs to be raised about 6inches to let the ball in. Excellent performance by all. Connor deserved the MotM. The ref deserves a word
Tosser, yes I think that's the one. Same crap as last year. Did his best to help Telford win and gave us very little.
As for the goal, what can you say. I was out of my seat clapping before the ball hit the back of the net. It was one of those efforts that that gives the kicker a red face or a standing ovation. Excellent, truly excellent. And our John Terry lookalike, blood on his head and bandaged, continued to perform brilliantly. He could even have doubled for Pudsey bear.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »
I the lino deserves that name not ref!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
Ditto to what everyone else has said. A very good all round performance, with Bore and undoubtedly Marshall the men of the night, but so too I thought was pidge who surely had to win more headers in one game than he probably have to do in the next half a dozen

Unlike one of the earlier posters I thought we looked very solid at the back, and played decent stuff from back to front and the way Telford played they had to be. Strong, organisd they must certainly were, but they are without doubt the biggest side  I have ever seen, and was it just me or did every sub they brought on get bigger and bigger? I feel sorry for all their fans if they forced to watch that style of football week in week out. Despite a couple of near misses, the phrase route one simply doesn't do the brand of football they played last  night justice, it was horrid wasn't it?

Four points from six though, and considering the opposition four great points, and I too must add to the list of people praising Bores equaliser....what  strike!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:37 PM »
Ditto to what everyone else has said. A very good all round performance, with Bore and undoubtedly Marshall the men of the night, but so too I thought was pidge who surely had to win more headers in one game than he probably have to do in the next half a dozen

Unlike one of the earlier posters I thought we looked very solid at the back, and played decent stuff from back to front and the way Telford played they had to be. Strong, organisd they must certainly were, but they are without doubt the biggest side  I have ever seen, and was it just me or did every sub they brought on get bigger and bigger? I feel sorry for all their fans if they forced to watch that style of football week in week out. Despite a couple of near misses, the phrase route one simply doesn't do the brand of football they played last  night justice, it was horrid wasn't it?

Four points from six though, and considering the opposition four great points, and I too must add to the list of people praising Bores equaliser....what  strike!

Yes a great strike BG ,  Worth an extra slice of Danish !!!

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:58 PM »
I don't understand criticism of the ref. I thought he had a good game, trying to keep it flowing at times, but picking up on things that some refs ignore. By the standards of some we get, he seemed more than competent.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
I don't understand criticism of the ref. I thought he had a good game, trying to keep it flowing at times, but picking up on things that some refs ignore. By the standards of some we get, he seemed more than competent.

Were you at the same game as the rest of us? He was as **** as he always is when he comes here

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
agree with most of comments. why cant we get a decent referee and linesman, they all seem overweight, behind play and completely inconsistent.

Excellent first two games, lets hope DG can keep them going. Dangerous third game of the season remember Hinckley last year and Vauxhall Motors the year before that--both supposedly easy, only to lose both.

Overall very encouraging, but a strong ball winning midfieder and a big target centre forward would give us more options and make us a better squad.

Much, much better than last year though.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »
I think the next two games maybe harder than the first two, especially on Monday.

Both sides used to wining and getting promoted rather than two sides more used to loosing and getting relegated.

Monday will be tough due to the apparent spending power of Ferriby - but I agree there are positives there to be seen