Author Topic: Walking wounded! Injury crisis at Boston United, from the Standard  (Read 5251 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Walking wounded! Injury crisis at Boston United, from the Standard
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »
yes .with our most important defender out .and  becoming more prone to injuries .. plus tal lDavidson out ..just wonder how long we can carry this lack of experie nce and build .
  Hopefully Cup performance will silence this  con cern .
   Maybe no -one wants to loan us half-decent players any more..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
They would if we were preperred to by them 2K a week ft . Good luck to Danny N, G at Leicester.

blue2

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »
http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/Walking-wounded-Injury-crisis-at.5680173.jp

Hi there. Interesting read, but we (Lowestoft) will not be complacent about it. I am sure you have got quality in your squad. I still cannot understand this comment from Paul Hurst about 'long trip for a regionalised round'. It is still only around 115 miles and a 2 hour trip. Lowestoft travel this far every other week to league games. Surely you travel similar distances in the league? I understand the Boston fan who lives in Leeds as it is a haul, but isn't that bad a trip. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »
This is because most our players are northern based  blue2

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
Wood can play centre back, and Camm can play right back. Sorted?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
My assessment of the situation is that:

(i) we need to add another full-back to the squad.

(ii) another centre-half wouldn't go amiss.

and

(iii) some of our fringe players are young and lack experience.

All of the above could be solved by Rob Scott and Paul Hurst switching from being managers to becoming "player-managers". Both played a sufficient number of times for Ilkeston to suggest they could still do a job.

My understanding is that Ilkeston have hung on to their playing contracts, meaning that they can't currently play for Boston. Sour grapes presumably over the way that Hurst, Scott, Sleath and Church all ended up at York Street over the summer.

But in all honesty Ilkeston are getting nothing from this.

Let's strike a deal with them - they release Scott and Hurst from their playing contracts, and we play a pre-season friendly at the Manor Ground next year. We get two new players, they get a decent pay day from one of the best supported teams in non-league football. Problem solved.

I know we are in a lower league than Ilkeston and maybe not the usual club they would look to invite for a friendly. But Gainsborough were quite happy to open the Northolme to us this summer so surely something similar could be arranged?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:06:13 PM by leicester pilgrim »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »
My assessment of the situation is that:

(i) we need to add another full-back to the squad.

(ii) another centre-half wouldn't go amiss.

and

(iii) some of our fringe players are young and lack experience.

All of the above could be solved by Rob Scott and Paul Hurst switching from being managers to becoming "player-managers". Both played a sufficient number of times for Ilkeston to suggest they could still do a job.

My understanding is that Ilkeston have hung on to their playing contracts, meaning that they can't currently play for Boston. Sour grapes presumably over the way that Hurst, Scott, Sleath and Church all ended up at York Street over the summer.

But in all honesty Ilkeston are getting nothing from this.

Let's strike a deal with them - they release Scott and Hurst from their playing contracts, and we play a pre-season friendly at the Manor Ground next year. We get two new players, they get a decent pay day from one of the best supported teams in non-league football. Problem solved.

I know we are in a lower league than Ilkeston and maybe not the usual club they would look to invite for a friendly. But Gainsborough were quite happy to open the Northolme to us this summer so surely something similar could be arranged?

All sounds commen sence but who is paying?

FB = money
CB= money
Experience=Money
Striking a deal = Money.

Dont know if anyone has been asleep the last few years but we aint got a pot to piss in so unless we got a couple of nice clubs willing to pay most of a loan players money i suggest we start bringing our boots to games if we think its that bad.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
I also thought the managers weren't allowed to play as Ilkestion held onto their registration?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 12:02:39 AM »
...and they want money to release them
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 12:19:21 AM »
The Secret Millionaire wasn't best pleased.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.