Author Topic: todays game  (Read 13998 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 06:54:04 PM »
Good photos of the game from Ken Fox, although I had to laugh at his third pic which appears to show Netan Sansara with a mohican haircut.  Carl Piergianni's hair is all that is visible behind Sansara as he faces backwards to line up the wall.  Thought we had signed a new player.
United we stand..................

Hatter in Macc

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
County fan here, just over 24 hours after the event...now that the wounds of a good thrashing have begun to heal slightly!

Well done, Boston. County didn't help themselves with some of their second-half defending, but that is to take nothing away from the impressive way in which you put away your chances and fully deserved the points.

Always being one to look for positives, I am hoping that yesterday's performance will shake our players into doing a whole lot better from now on.

Carl Piergianni, as an ex-Hatter, played well for you. I wouldn't mind having him back in the County defence, right now!

I thought, too, that your travelling fans were brilliant. I was sat in the centre of the same stand, and could hardly hear myself think, due to your constant singing!

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season. On yesterday's evidence, you'll be one of the teams to beat...

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 07:17:35 AM »
County fan here, just over 24 hours after the event...now that the wounds of a good thrashing have begun to heal slightly!

Well done, Boston. County didn't help themselves with some of their second-half defending, but that is to take nothing away from the impressive way in which you put away your chances and fully deserved the points.

Always being one to look for positives, I am hoping that yesterday's performance will shake our players into doing a whole lot better from now on.

Carl Piergianni, as an ex-Hatter, played well for you. I wouldn't mind having him back in the County defence, right now!

I thought, too, that your travelling fans were brilliant. I was sat in the centre of the same stand, and could hardly hear myself think, due to your constant singing!

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season. On yesterday's evidence, you'll be one of the teams to beat...

Thanks for that hatter, but even now with the benefit of reflection, I can not work out if, even allowing for the amazing effort 'all' our lads put in which was without argument heroic, we played that well and simply took four our limited chances, or you guys, especially defensively were that poor!

With a truly staggering 3000 home supporters, I think even Boston fans will agree you deserved better than that dreadful performance, and I have a nagging feeling, which will hopefully be dispelled tomorrow night, that as magnificent as the result was, so collectively woeful were your players and in reverse of our lads, the lack of effort and guile they gave to the cause, that it could have actually made us look so much better than we probably are and most certainly than we like to think we are. lets hope that's not the case when we take on the other joint favourites. If we win that, even my natural reluctance to get carried away may get thrown out of the window.

As a genuine football supporter though I hope Stockport recover from this tanking, and I am sure you will, as we know only too well exactly what your amazing if on Saturdays evidence, rather quiet supporters must be going through

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »

I don't think we are one of the teams to beat, recent history suggests we're a mid table at best side that fail to achieve.  Only when we take points consistently against the lesser teams will I begin to think any different.  This may yet turn out to be the equivalent result to the first half tonking we gave Chester last year.

Still a good result for us, and I still hold hope that this year may be our year.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
what a fantastic result-- I really must say that I did not see that coming. Lets hope it gives the whole team and supporters some confidence. Tuesday will be tough though--lets not get too carried away yet, I will reassess after say 8 games, but what a great uplifting start. Well done to all.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
I heard on Endeavor radio that we are the only team from the Premiership down to our league to win 7 times in a row on the 1st day!
Is this record correct?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »
I hope the lads can follow saturday with another great performance. It would also be great to see us (the fans) getting york street rocking tonight and make it a difficult place to come and play. The 200 that travelled on saturday were fantastic. We have a big part to play. Wouldnt it be great to beat another fancied side.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »
I hope the lads can follow saturday with another great performance. It would also be great to see us (the fans) getting york street rocking tonight and make it a difficult place to come and play. The 200 that travelled on saturday were fantastic. We have a big part to play. Wouldnt it be great to beat another fancied side.

And it would be a big bonus if the Spayne Rd moaners have a quiet night !!

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »
4 points from two games against two of the favourites for this league,we'd all have taken that....just need to do it against the lesser sides and steer clear of injuries and we've got a chance.... :)