Author Topic: Re: Charley Sanders off  (Read 12877 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Charley Sanders off
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 08:22:13 PM »
He is very young, he either learns or his chance will be gone.  I do like the fact that at such a young age he doesn't shy from the old pro's but it'll cost him if he doesn't quickly learn where the line is that you use to stay the good side.  Early days and two managers have now given him game time so there must be something there with young Charlie.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »
I think the only reason to keep him is that while he is on our side he is not likely to decapitate any of our players. The referee clearly thought it was violent behaviour to give a straight red. Last week he did just the same thing, a deliberately directed elbow to another player. That is not standing your own ground, that is an outright assault which he could be prosecuted for.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:54 PM »
Right guys for those that werent there yes it was a foul he got across the defender however the six foot four defender was up and jogging smiling within a minute, yes  the challenge was foolish but lets not put the guy down, young desperate to impress and perhaps a little naive.However come from the reserves non contract lets give him a break.

As for the game, as  results go probably one of the best away performances Ive seen for seasons and at the end of the game the players were over all over to the support which was loud supportive and impressive for ninety minutes.

Stockport great stadium, good food and freindly local pubs, great day out all round.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
I'm afraid young Charlie has not taken advantage of his very fortunate break into the 1st team squad. Dennis and the staff have done everything they can to make him feel part of squad - photoshoots for new kit, etc - but there is no point in him being a player AT ANY LEVEL if you are going to have a high possibility of being dismissed. Regrettably, he will learn nothing if he is relegated back to playing in the Lincs League where the officials are often very weak and most games end up as a free for all anyway! Not sure if there is a solution except he will grow older and gain maturity. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »
Right guys for those that werent there yes it was a foul he got across the defender however the six foot four defender was up and jogging smiling within a minute, yes  the challenge was foolish but lets not put the guy down, young desperate to impress and perhaps a little naive.However come from the reserves non contract lets give him a break.

As for the game, as  results go probably one of the best away performances Ive seen for seasons and at the end of the game the players were over all over to the support which was loud supportive and impressive for ninety minutes.

Stockport great stadium, good food and freindly local pubs, great day out all round.

Finances suggest I will probably only get to see another three or four away matches this season so yesterday was a treat and in so many ways. Like you and 200 other supporters, I really enjoyed the day, but I'm afraid it's very hard not to put the lad down or give the lad a break. Can anyone really excuse his behaviour simply because he's young, naive and he undoubtedly learn?
Regardless of the 'victims' speedy recovery it was am afraid as blatant a red card as you'll get. On the long coach trip back he will no doubt be truly gutted and fully remorseful, but to already have a proven history of such offences and so much worse at such a young age, is surely not acceptable in semi professional football.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 09:44:52 PM »
What fine do you get for a red card nowadays? I guess when its taken out of his wage packet Sanders will be left with nothing!

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 01:13:02 AM »
i have said for ages that he is not good enough, technically on the ball he is not good enough, i think it is just a cheap option and that is why we have him, with his size he should be able to hold a ball up, but every game hes come on, he just doesnt know how too, always just flicks it on behind when nobody is with him, he needs to go out on loan at some like spalding and play every week and learn the trade before he backfires on us even more

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 05:38:12 AM »
I dont think many teams would want him! I doubt if he would get into Spaldings  first team.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
I don't think our reserves rate him as a team player he needs to move on,he wont get any better playing for boston  and fans and players will only take the  P   from now on,i wonder what he is ask to do when he go's on.(just be a charley as they say).
FOR the way he his you got to put some blame on our management and with charley they have failed. :dan

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 06:58:46 AM »
Whether this lad proves to be good enough is irrelevant, the fact is while he wears a Boston United shirt he deserves our support,he made a mistake and needs to show he can learn if he is to remain part of the squad, but certainly does not deserve to be berated in this manner,not one of us on here have not made mistakes and in some cases repeated those. So concentrate on the positives and get behind our team.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »
Whether this lad proves to be good enough is irrelevant, the fact is while he wears a Boston United shirt he deserves our support,he made a mistake and needs to show he can learn if he is to remain part of the squad, but certainly does not deserve to be berated in this manner,not one of us on here have not made mistakes and in some cases repeated those. So concentrate on the positives and get behind our team.
SANDERS as had the support that's for sure,IMO he has faild in a boston shirt,it do not matter our many leages he drops he needs lots of play, he reminds me of STONES fans got on his back and never gave him a chance,but CHARLEY as had chance after chance.( for what its worth I think STONES was a better player but I made up my mind not to pay good money to watch him and will not pay to watch SANDERS end of.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Charley Sanders off
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
He is eager to impress, but going about it in the wrong way. You can tell he wants to do well, judging by his celebration when he scored against Colwyn Bay last season. I think he just needs a bit of confidence, and an arm round him from DG...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
He needs his arms tying by his sides before he comes on, then he may be able to stay on the pitch long enough to have an impact, but if he gets away with using his elbows in reserve games then I'm afraid he's not going to change.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
One thing each and every one of us needs to ask ourselves... " have we every made a few mistakes in life, and did we go on to better them " ?
This lad is still very fresh, still learning and already has proved he can score goals.  Give him a break, give him the full season and then come back and comment. But most of all, think of how many mistakes you have all made in life before you start putting folks down. No wonder several players in the past have turned their backs on the club , if they get to read comments on here. We need to support them all, we know there will be more yellows and maybe a red to come over the season  ::)

Seenbetter

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
We have all made mistakes but I would hope we have all learned from them. Sanders was nasty with his elbows last year, should have been sent off agin GT because that was a deliberate chop down with his elbow. One week later he does exactly the same thing again and the side are down to 10 men, which will cost us dearly during the season. He has NOT learned and is a liability. Despite that bad elbow streak in him I still do not rate him as a first team footballer. He obviously has one or two supporters on here but whenever he appears on the turf his contribution is minimal. Oh, and even if the Stockport player on Saturday recovered quickly what do you think other managers and players will do. If I was a manager my advice to the players would be to go down like a ton of bricks if Sanders even breaths on you.