Author Topic: Ricky Miller  (Read 6861 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ricky Miller
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
And a big strong holding player who can play. How much would that cost

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »
WHY spend money on a forward when we got  charley to come back.

Why indeed...........I mean whats his contribution been so far this season?

He's a liability, probably the biggest one in the team, he needs some UCL games under his belt to see if he can curb his 'problems'........not that I think he's the answer anyway.

We still need someone to boss midfield, until we scored Ross and Milnes were again getting bullied and Connor Marshal was holding it together.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »
Like I have said previously we need a to add stronger and taller player in midfield cos there is gonna be games this season when we need to sacrifice either one of our play makers and play with two holding players to allow us to bully teams a bit more. DG seems to have someone lined up according to reports??

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
Marshalls come on leaps and bounds but we need someone for cover if he gets injured as I don't feel milnes and Ross would feel comfortable throwing there weight around like he does. Marshall does a great job winning the ball back and playing it to our playmakers in milnes and Ross. But if we had two defending midfielders playing at once it would make our team harder to break down and we would still have either one of our midfielders to play the ball and now the newsh has started dropping back more to try link the play allowing milller to use his pace in behind

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
Thats sounds OK but Newsh is the main threat in box so as much as I like Ricky, faultless workrate goals win games.

We seem intent on reshaping the team.Lets enjoy the ride for now.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »
My point exactly nundy.we need to be able to play more than one way and be able to match teams physically. We got bullied by north ferriby and milnes and Ross looked lost that game!!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 05:53:04 AM »
WHY spend money on a forward when we got  charley to come back.

Why indeed...........I mean whats his contribution been so far this season?

He's a liability, probably the biggest one in the team, he needs some UCL games under his belt to see if he can curb his 'problems'........not that I think he's the answer anyway.

GOING out on loan they say        ,he will find out what footballs all about that's for sure.
lets face it the only amount of  football he as played is for our reserves and there a million miles apart        to judge anyone.
good luck to him.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 07:46:55 AM »
My point exactly nundy.we need to be able to play more than one way and be able to match teams physically. We got bullied by north ferriby and milnes and Ross looked lost that game!!

Yes we did get bullied, but it was more the issue that we tried to go toe to toe with them instead of trying to pass them off the park.  Hopefully that was a lesson learnt because it's been better since.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »

Yes we did get bullied, but it was more the issue that we tried to go toe to toe with them instead of trying to pass them off the park.  Hopefully that was a lesson learnt because it's been better since.
EARLY days yet  I only go to home games and so far i have enjoyed.
I will say the teams from away have not impressed me at all   they no they have to improve and alter things.
lets hope we can improve befor them   .
 you can be sure they will be better teams next time round    i just worry about our bench apart from fairclough.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
You still don't rate Galinski then Miele? ???

I know it's off subject, but just listened to Galinski's interview after the Guisley match, and what a refreshingly honest attitude he has. Despite abovious disappointment he's what you really call a team player!

I also listened to DG's interview and his comments about Miller also make interesting listening

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 04:13:23 PM »
sorry BG  just as I see it, none are getting enough play time so yes I do worry.
I thought FAIRCLOUGH would have been worth more time on sat.
I just don't no what to say about REED  I no he got time with reserves   will that  help him ?