Author Topic: NO UNITED LIVE?  (Read 9184 times)

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
NO UNITED LIVE?
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
See the OS only lists updates on Twitter. No United Live this year? Pity if that's the case, usually relied on it

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: NO UNITED LIVE?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
See the OS only lists updates on Twitter. No United Live this year? Pity if that's the case, usually relied on it

Really hope we are getting "United Live" again this year as it is a great service brilliantly presented by Craig.
United we stand..................

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
Its a great service but maybe it will clamp down on the moaning on there

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »

....and, once again, the moaners spoil it for everyone else!

Pilgrims007

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
The twitter is pathetic, just a waste of time sitting about waiting for very little information. I still think the old BU webb site was far better than the current one. :(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
According to Boston Standard web site Endeavour radio will be broardcasting the match live on Saturday .

Match Live as suggested got spoilt by constant moaning and must have been frustrating to Craig as well as many supporters who  wanted an update of the game and not listen to many comments that seem to be posted with the intension of spoiling it for the footbal fans . 

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Anyone know if stockport have a similar system to united live or radio commentary. Craig we miss unitedlive already!!!!

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Just had word from craig we can log onto http//unitedlive.co.uk its gonna be an intergrated twitter feed instead of the old software apparentley

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »
Should have just blocked people from commenting on unitedlive, seemed a bit pointless really. All it ever said was "yesss" when we scored, "nooo" when we conceded and "bloody rubbish Boston" the other 90% of the time.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
The twitter is pathetic, just a waste of time sitting about waiting for very little information. I still think the old BU webb site was far better than the current one. :(

Get it sent to your phone,that way you don't have to stare at the screen :D I get all Craig's and United tweets that way..

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
In fairness I was never a fan of Utd Live, I'd much rather read a decent match report a couple of hours later.

I stopped using the service when a few numbskulls started blaming me for the trolling on there when I was either at the game or not following it! I'll hold my hands up to a few gripes, but I've much better things to do with an hour and a half of my time than sit watching a script from a game I'm not all that bothered about! 

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
In fairness I was never a fan of Utd Live, I'd much rather read a decent match report a couple of hours later.

I stopped using the service when a few numbskulls started blaming me for the trolling on there when I was either at the game or not following it! I'll hold my hands up to a few gripes, but I've much better things to do with an hour and a half of my time than sit watching a script from a game I'm not all that bothered about!

Even when you're "not all that bothered about" a BUFC game that you haven't seen I'll bet you'll still be on here posting about it NF. 

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »
Bad move. United Live was unique to OUR Club and made us special and different to the run of the mill Level 2 teams with their usually out of date websites and little interaction with the public. So what if there were so called "moaners" who used United Live? Freedom of speech or muted silence? I am constantly reminded of the Evans-esque days when fans were too frightened to speak their minds. :bunny
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:24:45 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »
Craig said the main reason was rising costs.....