Author Topic: OUR starting 11  (Read 8086 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: OUR starting 11
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
fitting players in a 3-5-2 is good as it does seem to work for us. But thats gonna only work against a handful of teams, Be interesting to see peoples line ups in a alternative plan i.e 4-4-2,4-5-1 etc. Any ideas on a plan B

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »
Ross's is quality! I can never understand why supporters don't like him! He's like a non league Paul scholes at times! His passing is outstanding, his vision is brilliant to pick out gaps to play the passes,
I like ROSS but maybe he should go to spec/savers then maybe he would find players instead of gaps.
he were poor yesterday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »
Ross's is quality! I can never understand why supporters don't like him! He's like a non league Paul scholes at times! His passing is outstanding, his vision is brilliant to pick out gaps to play the passes,
I like ROSS but maybe he should go to spec/savers then maybe he would find players instead of gaps.
he were poor yesterday.

Good advice miele , you may find a visit to specsavers improves putting  :)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »
  Got to be a 3-5-2 , giving Bore and Sansara the freedom to get forward when the chances arrive.   

TIMMS                                                                                     

GALINSKI       PEIRGIANNI          GARNER 
       BORE                                                                                                       SANSARA

ROSS                  MILNES              FAIRCLOUGH

MILLER                  NEWSHAM

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
  Got to be a 3-5-2 , giving Bore and Sansara the freedom to get forward when the chances arrive.   

TIMMS                                                                                     

GALINSKI       PEIRGIANNI          GARNER 
       BORE                                                                                                       SANSARA

ROSS                  MILNES              FAIRCLOUGH

MILLER                  NEWSHAM

Can't see Fairclough working in a midfield 3 David, need someone to hold behind Ross and Milnes.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »
DG has managed at this level before and should know what is required to make this team perform, however hoofing the ball in the air to two of the smallest forwards in the league amazes me,we never seem to learn from our mistakes, with the quality of players we have we should play the ball on the ground using the wing backs and midfield to support the forwards when they attack and defending in numbers when an attack breaks down.But time after time yesterday we looked exposed at the back and failed to support attacks in numbers.

Whether we have the speed in the wingbacks to implement the 3 5 2 system only time will tell, but against more physical teams in this league we have to make the running or we will be exposed time and again

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
Need a strong, ball winning midfielder- not sure Fairclough will be well suited to the CM role. It would also help if Ross/Milnes can create things which hasn't happened in the matches I've seen. I wouldn't mind a presence up front to if we need to go plan B. The rest I don't see much to be worried about from what little I've seen thus far.

Stockport will likely give us more clues

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
sorry to confuse guys, i meant ross in the middle to hold and direct play, with the pace of milnes and fairclough either side. am hoping we sign this indy chap though who would be the perfect hold up player !

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »
We need to be sharper and react to second balls quicker. The reason the 3 centre half had to go long yesterday was due to none of the midfield 3 had the guts to go get it short and get us playing. We need to be stronger or lots of teams in this league will bully us out of games like trinity did yesterday. No better way to bounce back than at Stockport on Saturday.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »
We need to be sharper and react to second balls quicker. The reason the 3 centre half had to go long yesterday was due to none of the midfield 3 had the guts to go get it short and get us playing. We need to be stronger or lots of teams in this league will bully us out of games like trinity did yesterday. No better way to bounce back than at Stockport on Saturday.
we have seen indy one timeand did OK lets not think he is a world beater yet lets judge him after a few proper games and then make a judgement, still think our midfield is lightweight and everyone else thinks the same thing, have seen mills a few times now and hes poor as ive said before and as was shown on sat he just stands and points then blames everyone else, ross will come good when it matters maybe we just need a target man as another option , i hope we turn it on at stockport DG knows what hes doing we will come good DG barmy army