Author Topic: DID anyone go to the K/LYNN game  (Read 6527 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
DID anyone go to the K/LYNN game
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
DID MARSHAL get an injury to come off so early.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
Re: DID anyone go to the K/LYNN game
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
I went to the game, Marshall picked up a knock and I think they didn't want to risk him before the season starts so they brought him off. Last night wasn't a good performance at all for BUFC. We started the same players that were brought  on late in the Lincoln game, and after we brought them on at Lincoln we wasn't as good, and this shows that we know who our stronger players, because we started them players last night at Kings Lynn and we was pretty terrible. Also I think playing so many games over pre season didn't help, because the players seemed tired. It was just a blip out of our very good pre season, and I think we just needed a bit of a wake up call before the season starts.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
STRONG words JONATHAN (so after all this time we only have half a team then)

I am told like at biggleswade and against Cambridge our management have no idea our to cope with teams that get in our faces.

was SPRIGGS playing,he would be rubbing it in at the players that gave him the cold shoulder while he was with us.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »
Well we seem to have a strongest starting 11 and then other players who haven't been as quality in pre season, and when we bring them on or start them, we aren't as good. Spriggs didn't play last night, a King Lynn fan told me that he hasn't been playing as well for them in pre season. Last night they had two fantastic wingers, one being Dan Jacobs who Dennis Greene tried to get but St Neots wouldn't let Dennis sign anyone from them in his first year for another team.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »
Think the point to be made is that we have a very strong first 11, but not a lot after the 11

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
So we have a strong first 11.....surely thats a positive?

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
Yer I didn't explain that well lol. Yer that's a good thing we have a strong 11 but its a bit concerning about the others really. I'm sure we will be for Gainsborough ,I think it was just a bit of a blip game, and we did look tired i thought.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:53 PM »
Well we seem to have a strongest starting 11 and then other players who haven't been as quality in pre season, and when we bring them on or start them, we aren't as good. Spriggs didn't play last night, a King Lynn fan told me that he hasn't been playing as well for them in pre season. Last night they had two fantastic wingers, one being Dan Jacobs who Dennis Greene tried to get but St Neots wouldn't let Dennis sign anyone from them in his first year for another team.

The other fantastic winger was Andy Hall, who played alongside Ricky Miller last season at Stamford and who I thought was their man-of-the-match in the play-off final against Chasetown. Dennis Greene was there that night, and if Miller caught his attention that evening that Hall ought to have done as well. Hall was also one of the goalscorers last night.

King's Lynn was always going to be a silly place to visit for a midweek friendly, to be honest. Whilst it's easy to get to for the Boston-based supporters, let's not forget that the nucleus of our squad lives in Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield areas. King's Lynn is a nightmare of a place to get to from these areas - it's further that you think and it's laden with hazards that slow the journey down - predominantly single track roads, roundabouts and tractors. Oh, and Tesco lorries that stick to 40mph in a 60mph zone. My journey time last night was approximately two hours in each direction. When you combine a day's work, the travel factor and a football match, you've got to expect your players will be tired and not at their best.

Biggleswade was a long way as well, but at least it was on the A1 so easy to get in and out of.

If we play Lynn in a friendly next season, let's make it on a Saturday. There are plenty of clubs along the M1 and A1 corridors that are one to three levels below us and would make comparable opponents to the clubs we've been playing. Speaking of the clubs nearest to me, I'm sure any of Quorn, Loughborough Dynamo and Shepshed would be interested in lining up a pre-season friendly against Boston.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:52:10 PM by leicester pilgrim »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
Think the point to be made is that we have a very strong first 11, but not a lot after the 11

Thats how I read it seeing the comments of those who have done more than just the 1 game which I have got to
But was impressed for the most part against Lincoln, if we can be at that level more often, we'll do alright

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Thats how I read it seeing the comments of those who have done more than just the 1 game which I have got to
But was impressed for the most part against Lincoln, if we can be at that level more often, we'll do alright

I agree with that about us playing against Lincoln. I also thought that with the same team almost but one player against Mansfield, wedding well with the same formation and tactics. I have also found it encouraging that we having trying various tactics out from set pieces.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
"King's Lynn was always going to be a silly place to visit for a midweek friendly, to be honest. Whilst it's easy to get to for the Boston-based supporters, let's not forget that the nucleus of our squad lives in Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield areas. King's Lynn is a nightmare of a place to get to from these areas - it's further that you think and it's laden with hazards that slow the journey down - predominantly single track roads, roundabouts and tractors. Oh, and Tesco lorries that stick to 40mph in a 60mph zone. My journey time last night was approximately two hours in each direction. When you combine a day's work, the travel factor and a football match, you've got to expect your players will be tired and not at their best."

Might be silly for a friendly, but few teams in this division are close to Boston. Midweek away games at such places as Barrow, Workington, Vauxhall etc etc will be more challenging travel wise.
Good thinking that the club  set up a friendly that the local fans can easily get to.

All HGV's are restricted to 40mph on single track roads. ( 50 on dual carriageways, and 60 on motorways)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »
BOTH  LYNNS wingers were taunting our players with words like catch me if you can.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »
BOTH  LYNNS wingers were taunting our players with words like catch me if you can.

They would only last 45mins under your mate Drury , miele

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Might be silly for a friendly, but few teams in this division are close to Boston. Midweek away games at such places as Barrow, Workington, Vauxhall etc etc will be more challenging travel wise.

From a supporter's point of view I agree. But from a player's perspective I think you're missing a point. For competitive league games the players will travel by team coach, but for the friendlies it has been the case of players having to get to away grounds by car. The scenario of a player driving himself from Sheffield (say) to King's Lynn for a match is very different from driving just a few miles up the road to the designated coach pick-up. That will then be a factor in how the team performs on the night.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:32 PM »
Can't see all the players travelling in their own cars!