Author Topic: Den Needs A Magic Wand  (Read 7738 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Den Needs A Magic Wand
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
Got to say, yesterday we had a couple of key players missing and a major worry is how we collasped without them

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »
I wasn't there so I can't comment, the truth will tell next week. We will be playing one of the biggest clubs in this league. It's a fact they will not want to be turned over at home by us on the first day of the season. If we come home with any kind of result i'll be more than happy, although i'm not going to hold my breath.
DG has assembled this squad and it does look good on paper. I watched them V Mansfield and they looked good apart from one or two that looked a tad slow. People that have watched them more pre season will know more than I do about how they are settling in.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
Had a chat with David Newton before the game he was looking forward to the game and the season ahead with optimism, what he thought after I don't know but he and the fans deserved better than what was dished up. I read what is said about Rossy but he has had a good pre-season and is the play maker in the midfield the real criticism should be aimed at Garry Mills who was pathetic, somebody on here the other day mentioned all he ever did was stand in the middle pointing at others and doing nothing himself yesterday proved that point, get rid and get Indy on board.
I will be at Stockport on Saturday where hopefully things will have been sorted out during training this week and we will give a good account of ourselves. As for those who have vowed not support the club this season keep your views on the games you don't attend to yourselves.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
HOUSHAM must have gave a little grin and thought game over when SANDERS came on.
this game was crying out for someone to run at them REED along with MILLER would have done that.
I am sorry to say SANDERS is no were nere reddy he would be best sent to reserves till xmas then have another look at him.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
I read what is said about Rossy but he has had a good pre-season and is the play maker in the midfield the real criticism should be aimed at Garry Mills who was pathetic, somebody on here the other day mentioned all he ever did was stand in the middle pointing at others and doing nothing himself yesterday proved that point, get rid and get Indy on board.

When I take photos at a game I just follow the action and click. You can tell how much influence a player is having by how often they appear in my photos. I only have 1 shot of Gary Mills in yesterday's set! He is coming back from injury though and that does take time. Probably needs a few more games before his true potential can be assessed.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
HOUSHAM must have gave a little grin and thought game over when SANDERS came on.
this game was crying out for someone to run at them REED along with MILLER would have done that.
I am sorry to say SANDERS is no were nere reddy he would be best sent to reserves till xmas then have another look at him.

If you ever listen to Steve his only concern is GTFC players and how they are performing...not the opposition.