Author Topic: Indy  (Read 8027 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Indy
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
Anyone got any news of him?

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Indy
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
Yes, according to Duncan Brownes report of yesterdays game in the lynn news he was unavailable due to injury.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Yes Duncan Browne said on twitter he was injured. He must still be connected with the club if he's only missing out through injury. I hope we do sign him though, but unfortunately it doesn't look like we have the budget and would have to lose a player. According to this artical below:

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/will-it-be-one-indy-and-one-out-at-boston-united-1-5334968

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
I think they should do everything they can to get the lad on board. It's not as if he's knocking on now is it, what is he 25?
If you're reading this Sooty, put a word in for us please!  :D

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »
I think they should do everything they can to get the lad on board. It's not as if he's knocking on now is it, what is he 25?
If you're reading this Sooty, put a word in for us please!  :D

Totally agree we need to get him signed because plenty of other clubs will have him, plus we will be solid next season if we do! With the way we have been playing we don't need to get a left winger plus fairclough can play on the left, and we can play bore on the right.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
3-5-2 has to be the formation we play. We looked solid against Mansfield and Lincoln playing that way. Could reed make way for Indy?? Nothing official about him signing as of yet??

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »
3-5-2 has to be the formation we play. We looked solid against Mansfield and Lincoln playing that way. Could reed make way for Indy?? Nothing official about him signing as of yet??

Give Den a nudge mate.  ;)

Oscar Wilde

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 06:52:25 PM »
ALL this about 3 5 2 were would you play him and who for  not REED he never starts, plus I doubt REED is on any sort of money.
so why not save a young local lad.

WE have done fairly well so far but soon each player will have to earn his keep and play the leage were in.
MAYBE a few players will not be as good as we think.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »
Which players don't you think will be as good as we think. In my opinion all new signings are better than we let go. We need Indy on board for competition with mills,milnes and rossy.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:00:37 PM »
ALL this about 3 5 2 were would you play him and who for  not REED he never starts, plus I doubt REED is on any sort of money.
so why not save a young local lad.

WE have done fairly well so far but soon each player will have to earn his keep and play the leage were in.
MAYBE a few players will not be as good as we think.

well said, indy is average from what ive seen and we should keep reed as hes young and local and will be needed

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »
What concerns me the most here is that the budget is all spent. I was really hoping there was a bit left and we would see another signing before the start of the season. Could there be truth in the comments JL made when he left that the budge is "one of the smallest in the league?" The quality of player we have bought in seems very impressive but for me we are too short on numbers which could cost us when players get injured/suspended/go through a bad run of form. We basically have 14 players plus 4 young lads, I was really hoping that we would go into the season with 15/16 plus 4. Drury, Lee and now Greene have all tried to build a successful side and to date this hasn't been achieved. I don't think it would be fair to compare the current situation to Scott and Hursts achievements as the budget has been said to have been cut several times since they left. Having said the above I am glad Greene has gone for quality over quantity and taken a chance on one or two talented but previously wayward characters. Greene seems to have taken a bit of a gamble and we seem to have the quality in place and with a big slice of luck we could have a successful season. Although the budget does seem 'tight' Mr Newton is a wise man and isn't going to spend money we can't afford.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
Mr newton said on his interview about the new ground that the current rent and costs of running York street is crippling the club so basically until we move to our new ground all income will be spent on rent and running costs. Once we have new ground will then see newton invest in team and try push us back up the leagues. Fair arguement about the budget being used up but a gamble DG has to take it was clear to see we needed that extra quality in squad and hopefully we get lucky with injurys. No good having a large squad full of players who aren't up to the job.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Mr newton said on his interview about the new ground that the current rent and costs of running York street is crippling the club so basically until we move to our new ground all income will be spent on rent and running costs. Once we have new ground will then see newton invest in team and try push us back up the leagues. Fair arguement about the budget being used up but a gamble DG has to take it was clear to see we needed that extra quality in squad and hopefully we get lucky with injurys. No good having a large squad full of players who aren't up to the job.

Dear mr chairman, DG has put together a good side with some excellent players if the budget has gone please can we let the manager have a little more which could make all the difference , the better we are doing more fans will return and the money will be recouped that way. Really hope we can allow DG bring in 2 more players

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »
Or we could leave the squad as it is, and see how we are after 5 or 6 games in the league?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »
SHAUNEYG
IS there anything else we should no about.
DO you think all the money as gone on the pedigree's, instead of players the likes of MILLER.
THEREs lots think MILLER was not a first choice for DG or BUNCE we thinks they were talked into it.(thank goodness)