Author Topic: linscum vs Boston United  (Read 10998 times)

Boo

• View Profile
Re: linscum vs Boston United
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
The home side were fortunate to come away with a result from that game. Indeed, the two Lincoln fans I sat with, conceded that we were the better side.

Rarely called into action throughout, Timms found himself rooted as the free kick flew into the net. Minutes later we had a goal disallowed, although the decision looked about right.

Full of running, Miller was a constant pest and caused  panic in the home defence. By comparison, our back line looked composed and assured.

We still look somewhat lightweight in the middle of the park and the game cried out for an Aujla type performance.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »
Better than Lincoln all over the pitch in fact their only chance was the goal they scored, I have to say that it was a poor decision in the first place but the real disappointment was the ineptitude of our keeper Timms, Having set up his wall there was only one area to shoot at and he stood there dressed pretty in pink and watched it drift into the net, the rest of the team were furious with him as was the manager who subbed him in the 90th minute and ignored his moaning as he went into the dug out. Miller turned Nat Brown every which way and was dragged down at least half a dozen times getting just two free kicks, make no mistake this lad is going to cause havoc for many defences this season. The defence looked as good as anything we have had for many seasons and I am looking forward to the first big test at Stockport. Only the good lord knows why our equaliser was disallowed.

Well done to Greene with his handling of Timms ,  good to see he will not tolerate players with big ego.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
Better than Lincoln all over the pitch in fact their only chance was the goal they scored, I have to say that it was a poor decision in the first place but the real disappointment was the ineptitude of our keeper Timms, Having set up his wall there was only one area to shoot at and he stood there dressed pretty in pink and watched it drift into the net, the rest of the team were furious with him as was the manager who subbed him in the 90th minute and ignored his moaning as he went into the dug out. Miller turned Nat Brown every which way and was dragged down at least half a dozen times getting just two free kicks, make no mistake this lad is going to cause havoc for many defences this season. The defence looked as good as anything we have had for many seasons and I am looking forward to the first big test at Stockport. Only the good lord knows why our equaliser was disallowed.

I agree with all of this.

The other point I would make is that, if today had been a competitive game, then Lincoln would have been reduced to ten men and quite possibly nine. The number eleven should have had a definite straight red card for throwing Scott Garner into the advertising boards after the ball had gone out of play, and I also thought one of the Lincoln defenders was "last man" at the time he pulled Ricky Miller to the floor. If we'd had a man advantage over Lincoln then I'm absolutely convinced we'd have beaten them.

Referees are generally shy of using yellow and red cards in pre-season friendlies. It's a shame, as at the end of the day this is still a game of football and bookings are part and parcel of the game. Maybe there ought to be a way of allowing referees to officiate pre-season games by the letter of the law, but without any bookings picked up then necessarily counting towards the season proper?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
Totally agree. I thought we looked solid at the back and always looked a threat going forward today. Does anyone else agree we look so much better with playing 3-5-2 formation?? I feel this is the formation we must take into the season we have the personnel to suit this style and with mills still to come back into midfield we look strong. With a bit of luck and if the fans get behind the lads we can do really well. Up the pilgrims.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
Provided your wingers have the energy to bomb up and down and the spine of the team is good, ten yes, it will work fine. Today we looked relatively solid at the back, competitive in midfield and put their defence under pressure at times, Miller more so than Newsham, who was quite quiet.
Just a shame a bit of brilliance and some poor refereeing meant we didn't win

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
to be fair to timms, apart from this one moment where he was rooted he put in a strong display and is far a better keeper than we have had the last few years.  he has a huge presence and mark my words will take some beating this season.  mom for me today has to be miller who again caused a defense all sorts of problems and was manhandled more than a few times right under the biased refs nose. but with performances like this today, and like the friendly against mansfield and i cannot see us being far off the play off spots. all is good on the good ship pilgrim :)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »

Referees are generally shy of using yellow and red cards in pre-season friendlies. It's a shame, as at the end of the day this is still a game of football and bookings are part and parcel of the game. Maybe there ought to be a way of allowing referees to officiate pre-season games by the letter of the law, but without any bookings picked up then necessarily counting towards the season proper?
[/quote]

Normally the ref will ask for a player to be substituted for such offences, today's ref daren't ask!

Pilgrims007

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »
to be fair to timms, apart from this one moment where he was rooted he put in a strong display and is far a better keeper than we have had the last few years.  he has a huge presence and mark my words will take some beating this season.  mom for me today has to be miller who again caused a defense all sorts of problems and was manhandled more than a few times right under the biased refs nose. but with performances like this today, and like the friendly against mansfield and i cannot see us being far off the play off spots. all is good on the good ship pilgrim :)

Mite prove to be a very good and important player for us this season as we have missed not having a top keeper here for a few years, miller again was excellent but special praise has to go to our two centre halfs excellent today and won everything. We deserved a draw at least

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 01:09:46 AM »
These friendly games should also be allowed to give the Referee and Assistants a chance to get some game action in. If they are unable to perform properly and give yellow and red cards accordingly what is the point of having match officials for non-competitive games? Never go to friendlies myself as always turn out to be ruined by farcical officials who fail to apply the laws of the game.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrims007

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 01:22:19 AM »
These friendly games should also be allowed to give the Referee and Assistants a chance to get some game action in. If they are unable to perform properly and give yellow and red cards accordingly what is the point of having match officials for non-competitive games? Never go to friendlies myself as always turn out to be ruined by farcical officials who fail to apply the laws of the game.

Well said

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 06:02:53 AM »
So Dennis has done all his faffing....and it has produced a way forward i gather! Well done all!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

....erm..."Yes they won blah blah blah and all that, but that isn't what preseason is about."
Dear Lord.......please forgive those that fink namby pambying against fiercest rivals is what it's all about. In 35 years of watching lower league football....not once....not once....have I wanted my team to lose against Boro....when CUFC played them in any capacity....or Lincoln....when GTFC went to visit.....! IT'S EVERYTHING........I reckon! Having said that my almighty.......the players and Management appeared to have approached the game as required....and 'achieved'...by all accounts......'robbed' is a suitable and apt vernacular to be recited too.....therefore mt Saviour.......please forgive mere fans for not having the faith or belief that Lincoln are still.....Lincscum.....from a Boston perspective!x

As a neutral they is all me friends at Lincoln and even reserve a spot for me car each time....but even they would agree with me ethos....!x

...."pretty in pink'....hehe......

.....you dun 'em.......is my feed back...praise the Lord and DG...YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!x

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »
For those that didn't realize, this biased referee that we are taking about really didn't feel like he was wearing black. He was indeed the 12th man for Lincscum Shitty as this photo proves. He is the guy at the front ! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5319877258&set=t.1219042586&type=3&theater

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
Like Shauney, the concencus around me all liked this shape, and I agree. We have the players to uit it and we would look better defensively and more especially going forward when using it. Has to be kept in my opinion.

Very competitive 90 minutes, perhaps more than it should have been, but I do laugh when the season hasn't even started and we are having a go at the refs!

Looking promising though isn't it?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
Be looking a lot better if we have a certain midfield player on the team sheet.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
Be looking a lot better if we have a certain midfield player on the team sheet.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

Think Mills is still injured.