Author Topic: Indy Aujla  (Read 6884 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Indy Aujla
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »

Aujla played for us last night in the pre-season friendly at Grantham, presumably another triallist. He's currently still listed on Frickley Athletic's website as one of their players, but has travelled a lot - including overseas. He's played for the same club in Belgium as Jason Stokes and has had trials with Leeds United. There weren't that many Boston fans there last night so probably won't get much of a debate going on here, but I thought Aujla showed more than Billy Bennett and might be worth another look.

Couple of articles about him here:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/frickleyathletic/s/players-coaches-1696.html?player_id=728349

http://www.hemsworthandsouthelmsallexpress.co.uk/sport/local-sport/frickley-athletic-midfielder-indy-aujla-attracts-leeds-united-interest-1-5054617

As an aside, also noticed from Frickley's website that there was a familiar name playing for them in their last pre-season friendly ... Korey Dyer-Stewart!

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
Re: Indy Aujla
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
He must be fairly good to be scouted by Leeds! Regarding Billy Bennett I've seen him now in all the friendlies, and I haven't been too impressed. I don't think he has done alot apart from his goal wich to be fair he took well, but I haven't actually seen him take anyone on yet.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:08 AM »
Apparentley we had another trialist playing for us called Elliot green, what was he like, and where does he play?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »
Apparentley we had another trialist playing for us called Elliot green, what was he like, and where does he play?

Not sure, I'm afraid. There were so many youth team players involved that it was difficult to work out who everybody was. The presence of a running track between pitch and supporters doesn't help, and Grantham didn't bother turning on their PA system to read out the team line-ups! From Google though, it looks like he's previously been at Sheffield FC.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »
Oh rite ok m8, that race track around their pitch ruins it! I think he was also a Lincoln city youth player last season,from what I've seen from google he was released and he did play for Sheffield fc on loan I think

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
Here's a YouTube video I found of him playing for Frickley last year! I'm impressed a fantastic ball winner and a very good passer too! I k ow we have Gary Mills but we do need a solid ball winner in the team, especially in this league! Going by this sign him up Dennis!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AzzNYI1yI

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
Hers another video of when he played for Inverness! He's very good! I'm not sure we have the budget for a defensive midfielder when our main priority is getting a left winger in!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5PODMiF8ifM

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »
was impressed with this player today, he had some very good touches and looked a presence in the middle of the pack.  there is a good write up about him recently in the non league paper...http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/conference-premier-step-two/6656/indys-looking-to-lay-his-hat/

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
I saw Indy play for Frickley last season, in fact he scored against us in the FA Cup, and he certainly looked like he could play at a higher level than the Evo-Stik Premier. I think he only played for Frickley for the first couple of months of last season, although I believe they kept his Evo-Stik registration. I know he spent time having a trial with Forest Green Rovers later in the season.

When I spoke to some of the Frickley fans they were very impressed with everything about him. Made a very favourable impression.

Here is some more information about his time as a player/coach in Belgium:

http://arunfoot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/pio-indy-aujla-club-coach-in-belgium-at.html

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »
I thought he looked a very good and tidy player yesterday, if the budget can stretch that far why not? hopefully he will stick around so we can have a look at him in some other friendlies, but i dont see the need in signing elliot green ive seen him play quite a few times and he is not up to our level

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 05:50:48 AM »
Get him signed up! The lad would have got MOM in any other game.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
Not involved in tonights game.  Be a shame if we dont sign the lad. Looked really good saturday.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
I do hope the lad plays for us this season, like you say he was fantastic on Saturday.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »
Ditto that, I thought he had a very decent, very calm game at the weekend, liked the look of him, but have we the money for other players. Not according to the boss!