Author Topic: ......BUFCs young guns........  (Read 9066 times)

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
Re: ......BUFCs young guns........
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
Totally agree, crticisms of players will always happen, and if justified said players have to take it. Its all aprt and parcel

Criticism of young players however will do nothing but erode any confidence they might have. It's illogical, senseless and self defeating. We have had a few youngsters recently, most notably Butcher, who imo along with a couple of others, kept us in this league his performances with one exception were stunning for an 18 year old, especially an 18 year old keeper who is understandably under even pressure than outfield players,  yet with the shortest of memories I remember one mistimed kick in a pres season friendly and he got roasted.

Am not saying it was those critics which cost him his place, but if he has to come in tomorrow, or next week or whenever, how much pressure would criticism put him under?

The same applies here, youngsters have to  be supported, and yes certain ( not many ) allowances made, because even though they might have appeared on the pitch unexpectedly or before planned, who knows, as someone pointed out, we might be forced into playing them and they shouldnt have to take to the pitch with previous slatings, either from the stands or on the forums on their mind

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
I think Bartmac sums it up for me.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 08:24:22 AM »
Agree seasoned pro,s may have to take a bit of stick Qwerty but subjecting young lads who do not get  big wages is not the ideal way to bring the best out of them.  Saying the kids get encouragement from the coaches tells me that it would be better for the lads futures and the teams performance if we the fans did the same.

I agree again, in an ideal world all players would get encouragement from both sets of fans all the time, but we don't live in a ideal world we live in a real world and if any player has come through the Centre and gets his chance in the first team at the age of 16yrs or 17yrs old he should be able to take the verbal or he will not make a professional footballer. My lad played for Forest and had parents shouting at him that they were going to kill him, he was 9yrs old at the time. Last year when playing for Boston against Mansfield he had their parents/fans abusing him, he was 10 yrs old. While being totaly wrong it's part of the game. If he makes it to the first team I don't think he will be intimidated by the verbal.

My posts are not aimed at any indivdual player, just my opinion.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »
Also the smaller the crowds get the clearer you can hear it too, at Old Trafford if someone shouts out "youre shit, aahhhhh" you wont hear it, but you will at York Street.