Author Topic: Gareth Sheldon  (Read 12684 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gareth Sheldon
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
Has joined Lynn, played for Tamworth last season. Seems Heggs (new manager) has not taken any, or very few players from last season.  :)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gareth Sheldon
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »
That's now seven signings for Lynn since Friday. :o

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
Really? He must be on speed!  ;) I've been reading the Lynn forum, some are not very happy about the way Heggs has gone about his biz. They are saying some player called, 'big Jack' has left and is going to join us. Anyone got any news or at least a rumour just to keep us happy.  ;D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 03:55:22 PM »
Lonegunman,the player they're talking about is Jack Defty.He's a local lad to Lynn.He plays up front,not prolific as a goal scorer,but a good target man who can hold the ball up and bring others in.He's always looked decent when I've seen Lynn,but the only rumours about him coming here are coming from their forum.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »
Well I  don,t think the ' target man ' situ has worked over last 2 seasons .. (vis Froggatt) ..
  Think u just need 2 strikers to go for it ..dont even have to be that big .
    Maybe u only need the big boys for set pieces .. so would like to see plenty of height in midfield and defence..
    fT

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »
Well I  don,t think the ' target man ' situ has worked over last 2 seasons .. (vis Froggatt) ..
    Maybe u only need the big boys for set pieces .. so would like to see plenty of height in midfield and defence..
    fT

Jason Lee.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:09 PM »
"Friday 5th June
Andy Johnson appointed assistant manager
The club are pleased to announce that Andy Johnson has been appointed as player assistant manager and that Michael Chinn has rejoined thre board of King's Lynn Football Club."

I think that is more telling for the reason behind the glut of new signings

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 07:06:58 PM »
    fT

Jason Lee.
... has agreed another year at Corby I believe
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »
The Eastern Daily Press have a video interview with Carl Heggs on their webb site which i have just watched. In my judgement this chap makes Steve Evans sound modest and rational.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
The Eastern Daily Press have a video interview with Carl Heggs on their webb site which i have just watched. In my judgement this chap makes Steve Evans sound modest and rational.

Think you're right ghm, just had a listen methinks it will all end in tears. There's confidence then there's confidence
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »
Interesting that Sheldon apparently finished second top scorer in the Conf North last year and was supposedly wanted by Kidderminster.  Either going to Kiddie or staying at Tamworth should have been the more ambitious and geographically sensible move as opposed to joining Lynn which makes you wonder if money might be being flashed around.  It'll be interesting to see how he gets on though as he has only ever scored a decent amount of goals for Tamworth, although he is dropping another level.

I'm certainly more happy to see us bide our time and pick up good players without breaking the bank.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »
Heard a rumour that Sotnick could be on his way back into football!Where is he working at the moment?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »
Heard a rumour that Sotnick could be on his way back into football!Where is he working at the moment?

Jon Sotnick has got other things to keep him occupied nowadays:

http://challengertec.com/about.html

Putting a computer screen into the back of every football stadium seat.

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
I hope Mcdaid reaslises that EVERY business Sotnick has been associated with has encountered financial meltdown.   :o

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
Heggs says he is not going to pay more than £125 a week. Seems odd Sheldon turns down Kiddy & tamworth for Lynn. Like Tash i can see it ending in tears.