Author Topic: Galinski  (Read 5868 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Galinski
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Galinski
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
“It’s not astronomical, or anything like that, but he’s the last one to be signed in my wage bill and I just haven’t quite got it at the moment."

That statement from Greene implies that there wont be any more signings which for me is slightly worrying as we still need a left winger as a bare minimum and if we can afford it a target man aswell.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Craig tweeted last night to say that galinski has signed so that issue has been sorted I imagine.

Dennis greene has stated previously that he wouldnt bring a target man in as he doesnt want to play like that. Charlie sanders will be used when that type of player is required. As for the winger I think we will see a young lad like billy bennett sign to fill that gap. Someone who has potential and will be low cost. Greene clearly favours the 4-3-3 formation.

The squad looks much stronger than 12 months ago and the biggest problem last season was conceding goals and that seems to have been addressed. The budget isnt the biggest so to have the squad in place we have is good going and should see us be competitve and progress. But we have to be realistic and the play offs woukd be a massive achievement

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Just been officially announced that he has signed! I think this is a great addition to the squad and has looked fairly solid in pre season. He played in Corby's good stint of the season playing in 9 wins and 3 draws, I think that proves something! We just need that left winger now but it is concerning what Dennis said about the budget so we will have to wait and see.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »
Greene said in an interview with BBC Lincs towards the end of last season that he wanted to play 442 not 433. Greg Mills was in his initial plans and due to work commitments has had to move on and in my opinion needs to be replaced with someone good enough to be in the first 11 to play on the left hand side. Greene also said that he wanted a target man in an interview with the Standard - although I can't find the article now as it was April/May time. I am not worried that we haven't signed these players yet but am worried that it sounds as if the money isn't there/left available for these type of players. For me the squad at the moment looks a bit like this:

Timms

Marshall              Garner                                           Piergianni                  Sansara       

Fairclough                      Mills                              Ross                                ?????

Newsham                                 Miller

Subs
Bore
Milnes
SWD
Galinski
????

With Vince, Reed, Nuttell, Sanders and young Wardy as back up (I'm gueesing that with the exception of Reed none of these are on a paid contract?) Some of lads will fall short of the level required but hopefully one or two prove capable of playing consistently at this level.

I will say though that the players we have available do fit into a 433 quite nicely; two attacking full backs in Sansara and Bore, three proven centre mids in Milnes, Mills and Ross and  forwards that are capable of going wide in Newsham, Miller and SWD.

IF the budget is spent (and to be fair to Dennis Greene whilst we look short in certain areas we have some damn good players on the basis of a few friendlies and experience at higher clubs a 433 would look a little like this:

Timms

Garner                                             Piergianni                         
        Bore                                                                                                                           Sansara

Ross                                                Mills
                                                                   Milnes

SWD                                                                           Miller
                                                                Newsham

Subs
Reed
Marshall
Galinski
Fairclough
Sanders

Whilst not ideal we have to remember that the budget for this season is the same as last year and on paper at least we seem to have a better squad than we finished last season.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »
Looks very liteweight in the middle..should chance to move SWD/ Fairclough  on and get that holding / big target man ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:23:21 PM »
What's everyone's opinion on Billy Bennett? Cracking name, few nice touches against Splading, took his goal v Leeds, overall though looks a bit light weight and am yet to be convinced until have seen more.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
What's everyone's opinion on Billy Bennett? Cracking name, few nice touches against Splading, took his goal v Leeds, overall though looks a bit light weight and am yet to be convinced until have seen more.

Wasnt to sure about him but thought he was a neat player last night so ill reserve a bit for a few more games

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »
Greene definetly stated that he wouldnt bring in a target man as he wasnt prepared to pay for someeone of that type to be sat on the bench as he wanted to play a passing style. Im almost certain that we will not be seeing anymore arrivals other than a left sided player like bennett. Someone who wont cost alot and can be developed.

Greene has chosen quality over quantity and rightly so in my opinion. As stated previously I think we will be competitive with the squad we have in place. In an ideal world we would all like a flying winger and another forward but we have a budget to work to unfortunately.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »
I dont think we need anymore forward players, just got work on getting the ball to what we have, Most teams would fall head over heals for the forward power in the Boston team

We have 3 strikers that are more than capable of 20 plus each, midfield players that can score aswel. Also i believe by the way we was playing last night once the side settle i think the team will make a lot of chances,

bostonian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »
 Another option could be

timms

garner         Piergiann        Galinski     

bore                                                                                 sansara

mills         milnes         ross 

newsham        miller

vince
swd
fairclough
marshall
reed
saunders
nuttel
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:26:57 PM by bostonian »

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »
Another option could be

timms

bore                                                                                 sansara

newsham        miller

vince
swd
fairclough
marshall
reed
saunders
nuttel
quite like the look of that

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »
Another option could be

timms

newsham        miller

vince
swd
fairclough
marshall
reed
saunders
nuttel

I like this all the better players/new signings are on plus there are enough defenders plus two prolific goal scorers and we still have rossy and that mills we got from Lincoln in the midfield who played well last night! 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Bore can play upfront too if we need, so we seem to have options.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »

Timms

Marshall   Garner   Galinski   Sansara

Milnes   Mills   Ross

Weir-Daley   Newsham  Miller

Subs
Piergianni
Fairclough
Reed
Bore

The fifth substitute can be any one from Nuttell, Sanders and Vince. I'd go with Vince in the early weeks of the season (bearing in mind that Timms has had an operation over the summer and hasn't yet played a full 90 minutes). Once we're sure everything is settled down with the injury I'd probably pick Nuttell over Sanders because he gives defensive cover options as well as attacking ones. But being honest I'm not sure either are currently ready. If it could be arranged I'd send Nuttell and Sanders out on three-month loan deals to EvoStik Premier / South level. Starting matches more regularly will build up their confidence and experience, and it might free up a little bit of our own budget to bring in a more experienced target man on loan ourselves.

Bennett -took his goal well against Leeds, but otherwise hasn't really made that much of an impression on me. Too light-weight and too similar in stature / style of play to other players we already have at the club.