Author Topic: Plans for new ground  (Read 10281 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Plans for new ground
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Plans for new ground
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »
I predict this will be a long thread with some absent posters making a negative return :dan.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
This was put on here at 3.54pm on 23rd. Its now 8.30am on 24th and no comments posted. Does that mean that an attitude of 'believe it when we see it' is developing.
Have the fans been consulted about what they feel could be an asset to a new ground, for example food outlet and vendors of liquid refreshment. Would an integrated club bar/lounge be big enough. Adequate car parking facilities if fans need to travel to out of town location with car spaces wide enough to adequately open car doors without getting scratches and dents from inconsiderate *astards who throw their doors open with brainless abandonment. And on a selfish note how about a nearby fishing lake similar to a Westwood Lakes set up so that I can make a day of it. Lots to think about but the car parking issue would be important if the ground is out of town. A regular Sunday car boot sale would provide income for a player or two, wages I'm talking about not a business opportunity for poorly paid players to set up a stall. How about a Chestnut Homes show house area. Perhaps a kiddies play building like they have at Baytree so that wives etc can take their kids there for a couple of hours while the fellers go to the match, after all, football grounds are not for kids, they just run around generally bored stuffing their faces with sweets and annoying grumpy old farts who just want a couple of hours away from their partners.
By the way I am actually looking forward to the new season, I think we could be pleasantly surprised. We seem to have some good players but I do think we don't create enough chances to score and I don't think the lads from the reserves are anywhere near enough ready for regular 1st team football. They are in the box labelled 'In case of emergency look in here'.
Have a nice summer everyone, or have we just had it. :bunny
Well done Tash. just pushed the post button and up came your message. Are you psychic. Have you any views on the ground situation. I think it will happen but not sure it will suit all of us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:36 AM »
Lot to take in there SB .  Your concerns about parking will be addressed by planners .    How about a sauna and a  hot tub for the likes on KON ?     Forget the fishing , put in a cycle track and go on your bike SB , this will leave parking space for us old farts who need it .
Think the project will create scope for impossible dreams for the moaners .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »
Car parking is a major factor, as to is access. I think the location will be the big issue to start with (hopefully not in a residential type area). As for the ground I would prefer one terrace to remain standing sooner than all seater, but I think to get all the grants you have to be all seater. Probably Mr Newton is looking at getting a hotel chain involved a Premier Inn type of operation but who knows we will have to wait for the public consultation.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »
Car parking is a major factor, as to is access. I think the location will be the big issue to start with (hopefully not in a residential type area). As for the ground I would prefer one terrace to remain standing sooner than all seater, but I think to get all the grants you have to be all seater. Probably Mr Newton is looking at getting a hotel chain involved a Premier Inn type of operation but who knows we will have to wait for the public consultation.

Think you are right there to get some of the grants they need all seating, so be good to find other sources of funds but if we have to have all seating then guess we just get use to sitting down

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
You are right Bostonshire, it will be tough but we will just have to rough the sitting down bit. We could always jump to our feet when we score goals. Funny coincidence is I did get my bike out on Saturday but I am now saving up for the stabilisers, my balance isn't what it used to be. Ooops there I go again, just fell off the settee.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
According to Dave Newton on BBC Lincs tonight a 4000 capacity ground is predicted with about 1500 seats .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »
Glad it's not going to be all-seater like some new grounds.

Surprised he doesn't want to go for min requrements for league 2 without having to make changes if we ever get there.

We can get promoted to league 2 with 4000 capacity and 500 seats but we need to upgrade to 5000 capacity with 2000 seats.

I think that's why we added the small block of seats to York Street end to meet requirements.

If we did get promoted to conf prem we would fill 4000 against Lincoln.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:25:55 PM by Lee Newell »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
Glad it's not going to be all-seater like some new grounds.

Surprised he doesn't want to go for min requrements for league 2 without having to make changes if we ever get there.

We can get promoted to league 2 with 4000 capacity and 500 seats but we need to upgrade to 5000 capacity with 2000 seats.

I think that's why we added the small block of seats to York Street end to meet requirements.

If we did get promoted to conf prem we would fill 4000 against Lincoln.

Will be designed to accomodate upgrade to 5000 .   

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »
Listened to the interview, very good and worth tracking down if you didn,t hear it. Application to be submitted early next year. Apparently if the grants etc come in then the ground would be debt free leaving extra cash for players, a lot of clubs will be very envious if it comes of. Will be out of town as expected, I hope that doesn't affect the attendances.
So what would suit you. I think somewhere near fishing lakes, a nearby pub, within cycling distance(preferably downhill) of Kirton. Shame if it ends up Skeggy side, getting further out into no mans land.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »
Listened to the interview, very good and worth tracking down if you didn,t hear it. Application to be submitted early next year. Apparently if the grants etc come in then the ground would be debt free leaving extra cash for players, a lot of clubs will be very envious if it comes of. Will be out of town as expected, I hope that doesn't affect the attendances.
So what would suit you. I think somewhere near fishing lakes, a nearby pub, within cycling distance(preferably downhill) of Kirton. Shame if it ends up Skeggy side, getting further out into no mans land.

Only guessing SB but I think the new location will fit all your requirments,  apart from the downhill .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »
Shame if it ends up Skeggy side, getting further out into no mans land.
Bit harsh :)
What about near a pub and a garden centre??

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
Some really good posts on this one folks. Good one SB. I think the best area for the new ground would be around the athletics stadium off Sleaford road. The opposing teams and fans wouldn't have to do battle with John Adams Way and the town. Also would cut out any troublemakers from disturbances in the town.Also most people using hotels ( ie: salesmen and travellers ) if a hotel is incorporated, come from that side of town, making it easy to get in and out of this area. :bunny  The downside of a ground on the Skegness side of town is the traffic problems getting to and from the ground again because of John Adams Way. :bunny

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
Agreed..ground on Skegness side would be a logistics disaster ..
  And 4500 with expansion to 45000 seems about right !